How to Prepare a Professional
How a Video Resume can help?
Recently video resumes have been used very frequently for candidates to get
jobs. These can be both entry level and lateral placements. Many websites have
come up recently which let employers and candidates to fill up video resumes and
going forward with the increase in broadband penetration this is only going to
increase. The people who jump on first are the ones going to benefit the most.
Two points that need to be kept in mind while making a video resume are:
Video resume should be used to augment and complement a written resume. Job
seekers may be able to land more relevant interviews because they are able to
show all of their strengths, not just the ones they can write down on paper.
Video resumes can help employers establish a more complete overall impression of
the applicant without ever having to leave the computer.
And at the same time it is required that the video be made professionally and
the answers well spoken out. A badly made video could also act in the opposite
way. At a time where everyone is struggling to get their dream job, a well
presented resume in a well structured format, can definitely make you stand out
from the rest of the crowd who are looking to get a job.
Tips to Help You Prepare a Professional Video Resume:
- Dress professionally in business attire, just as if you were going to an
- Keep your video resume short: one - three minutes
- Look at the camera not at the desk or table below you
- Don't speak too fast
- Make sure there isn't any background noise and that the wall behind you
isn't too busy
- Practice what you're going to say ahead of time
- Focus on your professional endeavours, not your personal ones
Contributed by: Ishan Jain