Infosys | Placement Paper Pattern - 22.01.10
Company Name : Infosys
Type : Fresher
Exam/Interview Date : 22-Jan-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Client/Manager Interview
Contributed by : deepak ojha
Question Paper : INFOSYS PAPER ON 22jan 2010 AT Indore
Hi Friends, I am deepak ojha from svits,indore. There was a campus drive by Infosys in our college campus on 22jan 2010.their eligibility criteria is 60% for class 10th and 12th,65% for B.E.(guys beaware it is avg. marks not the aggregate) and they are very much strict about their criteria,even 64.99 % is not allowed. about 180 eligible students appeared for the written test of infy.
And friends good news that I am the one of lucky one to get chance to take training from Mysore training center,the largest corporate university in the world. .
Total Students=about 180
Students who cleared Aptitude Test=71(Be careful huge reduction in this section)
Students Select in interview=55(I am one of them)
Some key points:
- if u clear the written,there r 90% chances of selection.
- always reply in interview with full confidence and preferably by taking an example.
- Its not a big problem if you are not very fluent in English.
- Be specific and precise( need not to tell “be polite” ).
Infosys is such a company where there is no barrier in stream. That means students from any stream can sit in Infosys. There are no direct Technical round in Infosys.
The whole Selection Process contains two section Aptitude test.
- Analytical & Logical reasoning i.e. aptitude test:(30 question : 40 minutes)
- English/verbal section: (40 question : 35 minutes)
Friends they will not tell about any sectional cut off be careful about section cutoff,but i think that there might be a sectional cutoff,so do well in both sections to ensure ur selection.
After Aptitude test HR interview.
Analytical & Logical reasoning
Friends the order of questions are as follows-(there is no negative marking)
- Q 1-5 are based on ranks. they r very much easy and can be solved within 5 minutes.
- Q 6-10 on choose the odd man out from the figure series(some are easy some r moderate)
- Q 11-15 based on normal mathematics.(i do not remember them properly)
- Q 16-20 based on pie- chart ,a very easy one
- Q 21-25 based on a puzzle. puzzle is like that "there r 5 persons in the family a,b,c,d,e and they are farmer ,doctor,trader,lawyer,engineer and we have to find the correct match for each a,b,c,d,e based on some more info given".
- Q 26-30 based on syllogisms.
Friends do this section with a very cool mind becoz time given for this is less.
- Two passages and 5 question from each passages: Do it at the last. And before reading the passage see the question one time.
- Sentence Correction: Be care about tense mistake, spelling mistake, using of pronoun…..
- Fill in the Blanks: Gain a details idea on preposition, phrase, idioms.
- Theme Detection.
- identification of some supporting or weakening sentences about a paragraph given
Now the final section. The only one solution to crack the interview is keeping yourself cool. Friends believe me the Infosys HR panel are the coolest person in the world(At least for my panel). And always think that they are taking your Interview to select you , Not to reject you. Be friendly, polite with them and follow the proper ettiquetes……
my hr panel cosists of one person.he is of around 55-60 years of age.he is too good and very friendly.
Me: May I come in sir?
HR: yes,please come in,have a seat.
then he stood up and shake hands with me.
Me: Thank you sir.
HR: ok tell me something about ur routine work?
Me: i told
hr:how u prepare for ur exams.tell me the whole process by taking an example.
hr:do u have given any paper presentation?
me:told with the example of instance when i gave the seminar?
hr:are u a good leader?
me:yes, i am and explain this by taking the examples of my projects and difficulties encountered in that and how i overcome that and accomplish the project successfully.
hr:ok,deepak do u read books?
me:yes sir,and told the name of books that i read and how they benefitted me.
hr:then he asked me about my family and just a casual talk after that.
hr:ok,deepak nice to talk u.
atlast,he stood up and shook hands with me.
then i gently stood up and say..
me:thank u sir and have a nice day
my interview was good and i am quite sure that i am through and got selected in my dream company.it was like a dream comes true.
ok...my friends so this is my story that how i cracked the infy. meet you at mysore......
Good bye ….and Have Good Luck