Job Interview, Question Paper:
I. Verbal Ability (32M)
[Synonyms (10M) + Antonyms (10M) + Two passages are there
each carries 6M (2 X 6 = 12)] GRE Barron’s is enough for this section
II. Quantitative & logical (38M)
Most of questions from previous papers but changed values, if
you practice the questions twice or thrice before the exam it is easy to solve
the questions in exam.
But don’t try to remember the answers from previous papers. I
will try to give some questions i remember. But not in order
1. Complete the series 26, 19, 17, 13, 11,–, 8, 7
Sol: 26,17,11,8 these are decreasing like 9,6,3 19,
13, 9, 7 these are decreasing like 6, 4,2
2. Convert the decimal number 562 into base 7.
3. If QJFBTF is coded as PLEASE then HBJO can be coded as
4. Find odd one?
(a) SQL Server
5. Find odd one?
Ans: BAAN because all protocols except BAAN
6. Which of the following is exact power of 4?
7. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in
a 6 bit register?
Ans: 61 Sol: 2^6 ==64 (with in 64 largest prime no:61)
8. Which will give good standard deviation?
(a). 4,0,-4,0,4 (b) 4,-4,4,-4,4 (c) 4,4,4,4,4
9. Which shape will be obtained by using the following
values for X and Y X 0 10 100 1000 9999Y 0.00001 1.02 1.72 3.00 4.72
Ans: Y= log10(X)
10. What are the number of edges, number of vertices and
number of faces of a planarcube among the following options?
(a) 6, 6, 6
(c) 12, 8, 6
11. What is the value of the following expression
M(373,5)+T(7.7)+R(4.4)-T(3.6) Where M- MODULAS R- ROUNDOFF T- TRUNCATE
Sol: 3 + 7+ 4 – 3 ==11
12. What is the value of the expression % # % (6) + # % #
(6)Where % means DOUBLING and # means RECIPROCAL
13. Match the following (this type of question but not
same) A B
1. Mammal, cow —> a. A type of
2. Snake reptile —> b. A part of
3. Roof – Building —> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom – Vegetables —> d. A superset of
Ans: 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a
14. If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) – G(N-2) then
what is the value of G(6)?
Sol: g(2)=g(1)-g(0) ==1-(-1)=2, similarly g(3),…g(6);
15. If A= 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 B= 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 C= 0 1
0 1 0 1 0 1 Then find the value of [A U C] U B and express it in decimal.
16. If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel
by 30%,40%, 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combine?
Sol: (70/100)*(60/100)*(90/100)*100=37.8 Eco =
17. Which of the following straight lines are
perpendicular to each other?
18. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to
t^2/2 + 4t + 12 (Read is as: tsquare /2 + 4t +12), where t is elapsed time. Find
how much percentage of temperature is increased (or decreased) between 5pm and
8pm. (HINT: substitute&subtact values from 5 to 8)
19. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by
the program is given byM = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is
increased by 1% then how much more memory is required now?
20. A power unit is there by the bank of a river of 900
meters. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the
river of 2000mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 5/- per meter and
cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 4/- per meter. Then find out the amount to be
invested to connect those two stations.
Sol: 900 X 5 == 4500 + 1100 X 4 == 4400 =è 8500
21. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can
copy 70 papers in 10 hours.
Then how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
22. A sequence of letters is given. We’ve to find out how
many V’s are there under the condition that, S should be followed by V and
should not be followed by F…… V,S,F,T,W,E,L,B,V,S,L,L,K,S,M,S,V,F,L,S,D,I,………
23. In a two-dimensional array, X (7, 9), with each
element occupying 8 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1,
1)=3000; find the starting address of the element at X (5,8).
Sol: (4 X 9) + 7 = 43 X 4= 172 à 3000+172 == 3172 (
i.e completely 4 rows r filled , in fifth row up 7th cell is filled next cell is
required address )
24. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second,
third and forth, fifth and sixth, etc words are interchanged, what would be the
12th letter from right?
25. A Flight takes off at 4 A.M from North-East direction
and travels for 7 hours to reach the destination in the North-West direction.
Some latitude and longitude of source and destination given. Find the local
arrival time of destination? (I don’t know how to find it)
26. Four 2X2 matrices were given. We’ve to find out which
of them is a singular matrix?
Hint: try for which matrix det (A) becomes zero (ad –
27. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance)
29. Based on a Venn diagram. 3 problems were given. All
are so easy. No need to worry.
(0nce go through R.S AGGARWAL)
30. A bar chart was been given. Two questions based on
this. Easy ones. Don’t fear.
(0nce go through R.S AGGARWAL)
31. One question on curves.(iam not remembering please go
through previous papers)
III. Critical reasoning (12M)
In critical section there are three passages, each passage
carries 4 marks.
Passage one: A group of 5 people A, B, C, D, and E are
A knows Telugu and Hindi.
B knows Oriya and Malayalam
C knows Telugu and Malayalam
D knows English and Oriya.
E knows Telugu and Oriya
With the above conditions four questions are given.
Passage two: Small University and Large University
problem of GRE Barron’s 13th edition. This can be found in the model papers.
Passage three: sorry i am not remembering, this also
simply one. GRE Barron’s (12th,13th &14th edit…) is enough for this section This
is end of written test If you are perfect in antonyms & synonyms it is very
beneficial to maintain more time on
Remaining sections. If you practice more number of
previous it is very to do Quantitative & logical section.
My technical interview:
My interview was on 10th of august 2011. In my panel one
gentleman. He took the interview to me. My technical was around 30 minutes. He
asked the following questions.
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What are your favorite subjects?
3. He asked two programs? ( i.e. one is on C language(pyramid
) and other is on java multithreading concepts and I write very well because I
practice all simple programs)
4. What is the difference between C and C++?
5. What is DBMS?
6. What is the difference between DBMS and RDBMS?
7. What is an Index?
8. What is primary key?9. What is foreign key?
10. What is normalization?
11. He asked some queries, and I write very well?
12. He asked quires on join operation?
13. What are the OOPS concepts?
14. How many types of data structures?
15. How many types of linked lists what are they?
16. What are the different types of sorting & searching
17. Difference between over loading and over ridding?
18. Some questions on personal details..
19. Finally he offers me to ask any question you want. I ask
one question he explained very well. Finally he was given shake hand and say
wait out side. The interviewer was quite impressed by my answers then I went
outside with enormous joy… because I answer all the questions, finally a man
came and said you are selected for next round. At that moment iam very
My H.R interview
This is my final round in TCS; the interviewer was a young
guy around 29-30 yrs of age at first he introduced him self. Next I face
1. From how long you are waiting for this interview?
(Actually my technical round was completed around 3.45pm & my HR was started at
2. Tell me about your self? (I face this question third time
3. What are your strengths?
4. What are your achievements?
5. How you are good leader?
6. What are your weak nesses? How u eliminate your weak ness?
7. Tell me about your project?
8. Have you done any thing for society?
9. What are the advantages of DBMS?
10. Tell about your family?
11. What you know about TCS?
12. Why you prefer TCS?
13. Where I see you after five years?
14. What steps necessary to become a project Manager?
15. How you are different from you are competitors?
16. What is the vision of TCS?
17. Do you have questions?
I asks one question, how TCS giving performance to the
employees and he explained very well. The key in this round is to maintain
confidence and communication skills are very important, be cool and confident .
Prepare the fallowing subjects for your technical interview (for CSE & IT
students) C &C++ programs: Practice the fallowing programs before the interview:
Factorial, Fibonacci, prime number, palindrome for strings and numbers, swap
with out using temporary variables, string copy, concatenate, matrix
multiplications, single double linked list by using pointers. Fahrenheit to
Celsius conversion program, and practice all simple programs Operating systems:
C (perfect all concepts) , C++ , JAVA (core)
DBMS: Prepare all DBMS concepts and should perfect in
Normalization, SQL, Indexing, Hashing, Cursors, Triggers, Different types of
joins. (Practice sql quires very well)
Networks: OSI, TCP/IP reference models, topologies,
Ethernet, FDDI, Token ring, Routing, ATM, and IP addressing. Switch, hub and
read other protocols. Data structures, Sorting, searching, stack, queue, Linked
lists, tree, BFS, DFS. Mainly we should read
Software Engineering: software development models, different
strategies of testing (unit testing, integration testing…), Types of testing
(white or black box),
Project: It is very important to visit the company
site before the interview Anything can be asked depending on the panel member.
This is all about my written test, Tech, MR and finally miserable HR interview
experiences at TCS. In every round your confidence level and communication are
important for success, be cool comfortable & confident.
Company Name: TCS
No of Rounds: Client/Manager Interview
Exam/Interview Date : 10-Aug-2011