Company Name : Microsoft
Type : Fresher
10 questions from C output, One compiler based (CFG), One OS
based (when reading internally it was just a simple percentage
- +3 for correct answers.
- -2 for wrong answers.
Questions were not so tough (neither so easy) and all, You just need to think
MCQs: OS based
1. You have a disk, 1 represents a 'Valid Read' (I forgot d exact
term!) and 0 represents 'Invalid Read' Gn. A hexadecimal string
DFE00454AB. Find the nearest percentage of valid read?
2. Gn. a CFG
State which of the following statement is FALSE (I can remember this
3. Gn a in order traversal, find the equivalent preorder traversal
..all other 7 questions were guess the o/p of C program. I don't remember
exactly. difficulty level was moderate only!
10 marks :
- Find GCD of 2 numbers U & V in O (log UV)^2
- Test cases for finger print recognition say in a laptop to login
- Design question. for billing, You have Barcode, Barcode number,
Item price, Taxes, Discounts for items (Some criteria were given and you
have to design an algo for calculating discount) and then finally
Compute Net price.
- What DS you will use.
- How will you improve this
- State advantages and disadvantages.
You have to think aloud and innovative. that's it.
Exam/Interview Date : 22-Jul-2011
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Technical Round-1, Technical Round-2
Location : Chennai
Contributor Name : Chitra