Company Name: ITM
Interview Type: Fresher Job Interview, Question Paper.
Instructions To Test Takers
- This Test is of 120 Minutes
and is Meant to be taken at
one sitting without any break.
- Candidates are advised to
be sure about the correct
answer before they darken
- They should also
ensure that each oval is
completely darkened with HB
- Partially or faintly
darkened ovals may be
rejected by the optical
- Each question carries 3
marks. For each incorrect
response, 1 mark will be
- If a candidate darkens more
than one oval, it may be
deemed to be an incorrect
- The areas tested in this
exam and their weightage is
given below in the table:
Q. N o. Subject Area No. of Questions Marks
- 1 To 30 English 30 90
- 31 To 60 Mathematics 30 90
- 61 To 90 Analytical & Logical
Reasoning 30 90
- 91 To 110 General Awareness
TOTAL 100 290
- Check Immediately that all
the pages of the booklet are
in order. In the rare event
Test Booklet being defective,
bring it to the notice of the
invigilator immediately who
arrange for the replacement
of test booklet if required.
- Do Your scratch work on the
space available in the test
booklet itself. Do Not use any
additional paper for rough
work. You are not allowed to
use any calculation devices or
OMR Sheet has been Attached at the end
1. A Boy was asked to
multiply certain number by 25. He multiplied it by 52
instead and got an answer
was 324 higher. The number to
be multiplied was:
2. The In Centre of the Triangle is the Intersection Point of
b. Perpendicular Bisectors
d. Angle Bisectors
3. 1st July 1995 was Saturday
then 1st 1999 is
4. The age of a man is three times that of his son. 15 years ago the man was 9 times old as his son. What will
be the age of man after 15 year?
a. 65 Year
b. 70 Year
c. 60 Year
d. 75 Year
5. Find the value of (x-a) (x-b) (x-c) ……………..(x-z)
c. x[ (-a(-b(-c ……..(-z) ]
d. Can't be determined
6. The Number of Boys in a Class is 3 Times the Number of girls. The
Number that doesn't represent number of
students in the class is
7. The Difference of Simple and Compound Interest on Rs.2250 is Rs.3.60 for 2 year. The rate of interest p.a. is
8. The Average Speed of a train, Including Stoppages, was 27 km/hr and excluding stoppages is 30 km/hr.
How many minutes per hour did the train stop?
d. None of above
9. How Any Pieces of a String of Length 2.20m are Required to
Complete 20 rounds of a ring of diameter 28cm?
(Qs10-13) Fill in the missing numbers.
10. 14, 30, 62, 126, __
d. None of above
11. 4, 9, 24, 69, ____
12. 0, 0, 6, 24, 60, ___
13. 1, 2, 5, 16, 65, __
d. None of above
14. A Monkey Climbs a Slippery Pole 10m high in such a way that in every minute it rises 50cm & in next
minute it slips 25cms. When it reach the top?
a. 76 min
b. 77 min
c. 78 min
d. None of above
15. A garrison of 2200 men is provisioned for 16 weeks at the
rate of 45 dag per day per man. How many men must leave the garrison
so that the same provision might last 24 weeks at 33 dag per day per
16. If 10 men of 15 women or 20 children can finish a work in 16
days, how many days 20 men, 35 women and 20 children take to finish
double the work?
17. The average of 11 consecutive even numbers will increase by 'x' if the next number is included. X=?
c. depends upon the original average
d. None of above
18. Which of these smallest volume?
a. cube with side 5cm
b. sphere with radius 3cm
c. cube id with sides 2cm, 5cm & 10 cm
d. cylinder with radius 2cm and height 10cm
19. A man has to walk a certain distance. He walked half the distance at a speed 5kmph and the remaining
half at 4kmph. If the total time taken was 9hrs, the distance is
20. If the 70% of the cars produced have Dunlop tyres, 25% are air-conditioned, and 20% are both air conditioned
and have Dunlop tyres, find the %age of cars which have neither air-conditioners nor Dunlop
21. Two trains moving on parallel tracks in opposite directions cross each other fully in 18 seconds. If the
relative speed of the trains is 45kmph and the length of one of the trains is 100m, what is length of the other?
(Q22-25) In each question below, is given a statement followed by two conclusions. Assume everything in the
statement to be true and decide which of the conclusions logical follows, beyond a reasonable doubt, from
the information given in the statement. Mark
a) if only conclusion I follows
b) if only conclusion II follows
c) if either conclusion I or II follows
d) if neither conclusion I or II follows
22. Statement - Bank strikes have become endemic. The hardships and inconvenience caused to public and
business community have been narrated adnauseam.
I - Bank employees are not getting proper salaries.
II - Bank comes under Essential Services.
23. Statement - Due to excessive liberalization, the MNC's are expanding their operations in India and
products of Indian origin are losing their hold among users.
I - Indian products are costlier than MNC's products.
II - The quality of Indian products is inferior to that of MNC products
24. Statement - Western nations are withdrawing from UN peacekeeping missions in areas outside strategic
I - Western nations are more concerned about their security.
II - The primary motive of western nations is not to address the problems faced by disturbed countries,
where they send their forces, but to serve their own motives.
25. Statement - India not only has one of the largest reservoirs of technical personnel, but also world's largest
number of illiterates, the world's largest middle class and also the largest number of people below the poverty
line and the largest number of children suffering from malnutrition.
I - The population of India is the largest in the world.
II - India is the biggest democracy in the world.
26. In a certain code 'wok che ne' means 'they are seeing', 'woo che rot' means 'we are reading' and 'da ne pa'
means 'they need water', what is the code for water?
d. Data inadequate
27. Who is the Editor of 'Asian Age'
a. Chandan Mitra
b. M J Akbar
c. N Ram
d. Shekhar Gupta
28. If SAND is called BAND, BAND is called RAND, RAND is called WAND, WAND is called GLAND,
what does a magician have?
29. If 1st Jan 1996 was on Monday, the 1st Jan 1997 would be
30. There are five pens P, Q, R, S and T of different colours viz, blue, black, maroon, green and red. The pen
P is neither blue nor maroon. R is of black colour while T is of green colour. Which of the following pen is of
31. What is the minimum number of square tiles that will pave a room 27m long and 18m wide?
32. One morning after sunrise, Gaurav was standing facing a pole. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his
right. Which direction was he facing?
33. A book was sold at 14% less. In order to get a profit of 1%, the selling price has to be increased by Rs91.
What is the cost price of the book/
34. A boat takes 9 hrs to travel a distance upstream and 3 hrs to come back. If the speed of boat in still water
is 4kmph, what is the speed of stream (kmph)?
35. Rs41 is divided among A, B & C. Find A's share. Which of the following information is/are
1>B gets Rs8 more than C
2>A gets Rs14 more than C
3>B gets Rs6 less than A
a. 1 is sufficient
b. 2 is sufficient
c. Any two statements are necessary
d. All three statements are necessary
Five friends Neha, Charu, Vaidehi, Smita and Yogita have different professions, viz, doctor, lawyer, architect,
beautician and engineer and each has a different hobby, viz, drama, cooking, reading, dancing and singing.
Nieha is a lawyer and likes cooking. Vaidehi is neither doctor nor beautician but she likes dancing. Yogita is
neither architect nor doctor and she likes neither drama nor singing. Charu is engineer and does not like
37.Who is the doctor?
a. Data inadequate
38. What is the hobby of Yogita?
39. What is Vaidehi's profession?
d. Data Inadequate
40. Who likes singing?
41. What is the currency of China?
d. None of above
42. When is the international women's day celebrated?
a. March 8th
b. March 13th
c. April 14th
d. February 28th
43. What is the full form of VAT?
a. Value Addition Tax
b. Various Attribute Tax
c. Value Added Tax
d. None of These
44. 'Future of Automobile' is the punch-line of
c. Rolls Royce
45. 'BMW' is a premier car-maker from Germany which stands for
a. Bayeriche Motoren Werke
b. Bolovishk Motor Works
c. Bolshovik Motor Worke
d. Burweski Motern Werke
46. 'IBRD' stands for:
a. International Bank for Reconstruction & Development
International Banking for Rural Development
c. International Bank for Rural Development
d. Inter Ballistic Range Dropper
47. The Asian Development Bank(ADB) has its headquarters at?
d. None of these
48. 'Volkswagen' is a company from
49. 'Andes' mountain rages are in
a. North America
c. South America
50. Which planet is called 'Morning Star'
Exam/Interview Date : 21-August,2011
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test
Contributor Name : Devesh