i Gate Placement Paper
[Paper - 2]
QUANTITATIVE APPTITUDE TEST:
Total 44 questions are there.
Refer R.S. Aggarwal
1. How many degrees hours hand rotate in 10 minutes?
2. 1/(10 power 18) - 1/(10 power 20) = ?
< 1: Which is greater ? (1/(x square),1/x,x,x square)
4. c=a/b ; a-1=c What is the relation between a&b
5. N = ((8.42)**2)*(95. ....)/((0.982)*(64.....)**2) If N contains the first
three digits as 988,Which of the following is the nearest answer
6. The sum of 7 consecutive odd integers with 27 as the fourth number.
7. (66666666666666)**2 + 888888888888=?
8. 2486724...... Express it in product of 3 numbers.(The given number is not
exactly correct. Choices are given. Very easy)
9. Radius of sphere is increased by 50%. By how much percentage is surface area
10. In which of the following , 2 as a common factor , can be eliminated.
Ans : log(x square)/log(y square) = log(x)/log(y)
13. & 14. - Sentence correction
15, 16 , 17 - Spelling Mistakes
18, 19 - Two Questions
6 letters are assigned certain numbers.
In each qusetion , 4 combination of digits are given . Of which , which gives a
meaningful word. 20 & 21. - 4 sentences will be given in each question.
Arrange them in logical order . 22. 5 straight lines are cut in a circle. A
question regarding this.
a) If statement A alone is required
b) If statement B alone is required
c) If bothe statements A & B are required
23. Does Mr. Mathew give tution ?
A) MAthew is a teacher
B) In school, the teacher is not expected to give tutions.
24. There is no power cut in advanced country If T is a city, Is there power
cut in that city?
A) Z is a advanced country
B) T ia a capital city of country Z
25. Tanzanians are in East Africa. Tanzanizns are good in either Education ,
Dance or Music
A) Tanzanians are good at Education
B) East Africa are good at dance & Music.
Remaining questions 26 - 29 are of the same type.
30. On onw day, 14 children are admitted in a school by their mothers. 2 are
sisters, 3 are brothers,2 are brother and sister and 2 are twins. The rest are
singles. How many mothers came?
(5 , 7, 9, 14)
31. Problem Cisterns & pipes.
It will take 8hrs to fill a cistern. But due to leak at the bottom, it take 10
hrs to full it. In how many hrs, th eful tank will be emptied because of leak.?
32. Question regarding men & work
A does alone a work in 4 days
B does alone a work in 8 days
C does alone a work in 10 days
A & B together ------
C & B together ------
33. In 3.5 Kg rod , there is 74% silver. If it is alloyed with a 0.5 Kg rod,
the % of silver goes p to 84%. The percent of silver in 0.5 Kg rod?
34. Two chords of lengths 2L1 and 2L2 are drawn in a circle. Their lengths
are inversely proportional to the straight distance joining the centre. Find the
radius of circle.
35. A Kg of tea costs Rs 49.50 . But the supplier gives 10 gms less for every
Kg he sold. What is the actual cost.
A question on transportation table. 5 questions were given.
A B C D E
A X 12 8 20 6
B 12 X 12 5 9
C 20 8 X 4 7
D 3 15 6 X 10
E 12 5 8 3 X
A,B,C,D,E denote the stages.
X denote the start of the stage.
The bus goes from A to E and E to A woith back stops at B,C, & D
For each the charge is Rs.0.70
The numbers in the table are how many passengers are there in the bus upto that
stage.( the numbers given the table are not correct)
36. Total no. of passengers in onward journey
37. Total amount in the conductors bag just before the bus reaches the stage C
38. How many Rs. 1.40 tickets are issued to passengers in backward journey.
39. If the bus breaks down between the stages C & D , the amount refunded to
40. If the ticket costs Rs.1.50, how much is the profit in Backward journey.
Remaining 4 questions may be fron English.
1)At 6'o clock clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks was
30sec. How much time it takes at 12'o clock.
Ans. 66 sec. 2 marks.
2)Three friends divided some bullets equally. After all of them shot 4
bullets the total no.of remaining bullets is equal to that of one has after
division. Find the original number divided.
Ans. x x x
x-4 x-4 x-4
3x-12 = x
Ans is 18 2 marks
3) A ship went on a voyage after 180 miles a plane statrted with 10 times
speed that of the ship. Find the distance when they meet from starting point.
Ans. 180 + (x/10) = x
x = 20
Ans is 180+20 2 marks
4) Fill the empty slots.
played won lost draw Goals for Goals against
A 2 2 *0 *0 *7 1
B 2 *0 *1 1 2 4
C 2 *0 *1 *1 3 7
the slots with stars are answers. 4 marks
BC drew with 2-2
A won on B by 2-0
a won on C by 5-1
5) There are 3 societies a,b,c. a lent tractors to b and c as many as they
had. After some time b gave as many tractors to a and c as many as they have.
After sometime c did the same thing. At the end of this transaction each one of
them had 24. Find the tractors each orginally had.
Ans a had 39 b had 21 c had 12 4 marks
6) There N stations on a railroad. After adding x stations 46 additional
tickets have to be printed. Find N and X.
Ans. let N(N-1) = t;
(N+x)(N+x-1) = t+46;
trail and error method x=2 and N=11 4 marks
7)Given that April 1 is tuesday. a,b,c are 3 persons told that their farewell
party was on
a - may 8, thursday
b - may 10,tuesday
c - june 8, friday
Out of a,b,c one is only correct one of the regarding month,day,date. Other
told two correct and the third person told all wrong.What is correct
date,month,day. 5 marks
8)There are 4 parties. df,gs,dl(depositloss),ew ran for a contest.
Anup,Sujit,John made the following statements regarding results.
Anup said either df or ew will definitely win
sujit said he is confident that df will not win
John said he is confident that neither ew nor dl will win
the result has come. only one of the above three has made a correct statement.
Who has made the correct statement and who has won the contest. 5 marks.
9)Five people a,b,c,d,e are related to each other. Four of them make one true
statement each as follows.
i) b is my father's brother. (ans. d said this)
ii)e is my mother-in-law. ( b )
iii)c is my son-in-law's brother. ( e )
iv)a is my brother's wife. (c)
10) All members of d are also members of a
All '' e '' d
all '' c '' both a and b
not all '' a are members of d
not all '' d '' e
a)which of all following statements must be true
1) there are more common members between c and a than between c and e
2) there are more members in a than in c
3) there are more members in a than in e
i) 1 only ii) 3
only iii) 1,2 only
iv) 2 and 3 only
b)which of all the following can be inferred from the statements above
1)some members of d are also members of b
2)all members of e are members of a
3)all members of a are members of b
4)some members of d are not members of c
5)all members of b are members of c
i) 1 only ii) 3
only iii)2 only
iv) b and d only
v)d,b and a only
d)Which of the following is not possible
i)some members of e are also members of c but are not members of b
ii) '' '' d '' '''' both c and b
iii)all '' e '' '' a
iv)some '' d are not '' a
v) '' e are '' b
1) i only 2) iii
only 3) i and iii
only 4) all the above 5)none
e)if all members of b are also members of c then
i) all members of a are also members of b
ii)all '' '' c
iii) '' b ''' a
iv) some members c '' e and b
v) '' '' d and b
1) ii only 2) iii and iv
only 3) iii only
4) ii and iv only
11) boys are allowed to watch football at c.v.Raman auditorium subjected to
i)the boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
ii)no boy over age 15 can wear cap
iii)to watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap or both
iv) a boy with an umberella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
v) boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
Which of the following is true
a) Old and new have the same i-node number ,2
b) old and new have the same i-node number ,15768
c) old and new have nothing to do with each other
d) very old and new are linked
e) veryold and old are linked
Which of the following is true about fork ()
a) It transforms an executable binary file into a process
Which of the following is true about fork ()
a) It transforms an executable binary file into a process that overlays the
process which made the fork () system call. No new proces is created Ans B;
b) Causes the creation of a new process the CHILD process with a new process ID.
c) Causes the creation of a new process, the child process with the same process
ID as the parent d) fork() has nothing to do with processes.
e) fork() is not a system call
which message is displayed when a window is destroyed
ans: check your self may be B
what is meant by SEND MESSAGE AND POST MESSAGE
ans:we don't know
which is the message used to limit the size of the window
a)WM-SIZE B)WM-RAWT C)WM-GETMINIMAX INFO D)WM-COMMAND
until |who|grep mary
a)is syntactically correct
b)waits 60 sec. irrespective of mary being logged in or not
c)waits until mary is logged in
d)waits till mary exists
the unix system call that transform an executable binary file into a process:
Ans: we don't know
fork() is a system call causes
ans: causes the creation of a new process , the child person with a new process
z=(char *) malloc(sizeof(x)+size of(y)+1)
ans:Add+string=addstring (if it is in caps also true)
ans:d)an array of n pointers to functions returning pointers to functins
returning pointers to charecters
interprocess command in unix be achieved by
d)shared memory e)all
Go to Paper : - 1,