IBM The Great Mind Challenge - 2011
About The Great Mind Challenge (TGMC)
TGMC promotes students from engineering colleges from across
India in their endeavor to develop solutions for real-time problems and
scenarios using IBM open source software. It is aimed to encourage students who
aspire to make key contributions to develop applications on cutting-edge IBM
technologies while providing them with an opportunity to improve their
Launched in 2004, TGMC is an innovative program that
addresses the need to better educate millions of students for a more competitive
information technology (IT) workforce by partnering with colleges and
universities. Every year, the growth and reach of TGMC has increased, seeing a
marked increase in the number of students who are keen to participate in such an
endeavor. In fact, TGMC is now listed in the Limca Book of Records as the
largest technological contest of its kind - testament to the fact that there is
a need in today’s competitive world for such an initiative that supports,
guides, and challenges students to higher goals.
Universities provide excellent learning environments, but
find it difficult to teach students about an IT transformation in progress
unless those driving the transformation - IT companies at the helm of
transformation - provide real-time input and support. TGMC is an out reach of
the IBM Academic Initiative, a global program that facilitates the collaboration
between IBM and educators to teach students the IT skills they need to be
competitive and keep pace with changes in the workplace.
The IBM Academic Initiative includes an online portal that
provides access to software, training, and course materials, most at no charge.
Available within the Academic Initiative web site, IBM offers hundreds of
resources for integration into college curricula to help teach students how to
master the fast-growing market of open technologies. Through this initiative,
IBM is working with students to build technology and science skills.
Why Participate TGMC 2011?
- To enhance your skills and ensure that they are mapped to real-time set
- To interact with and learn from experienced and established experts from
IBM, a global leader in technology.
- To get easy access to free training in high-end technologies.
- To open doors to placement opportunities according to one's skill set.
- To make you market-ready.
- The program is open to students who are enrolled full time at a
two-, three- or four-year accredited college or institute or University in
India. Only Indian Nationals residing in India are eligible to participate.
Members of a team, including the Faculty mentor, must be from the same
college. Any violation to these terms will lead to a team being
- Participants must submit their entries within the specified time to be
considered for judging. No late entries will be considered. You are
advised to plan accordingly. Only entries that use IBM Technology will be
- The software provided for the contest should be used strictly for the
purposes of this Program only. No commercial usage is allowed. Software
available through The Great Mind Challenge is available under applicable IBM
International Program License Agreements (IPLA) terms.
- Winners will be notified either by express mail or courier or via
e-mail, and may be required at IBM’s option to sign and return an affidavit
of eligibility and release of liability/publicity within 30 days of
notification (except where prohibited) or the prize will be forfeited and
may be awarded to an alternate winner on the basis of the criteria set forth
- No cash value or substitutions of prizes will be made except that
IBM may change prizes or models of equipment at its sole discretion IBM’s
decision on such changes shall be final. There will be a limit of one (1)
prize per participant. All individual prizes will be awarded, provided at
least 100 qualifying entries are received. Duplicate prizes will not be
awarded. The decision of IBM and the evaluation panels across any stage of
the Program would be final and binding.
Participating in TGMC gives you a chance to experience great opportunities
in the field of information technology!
1. It gives you the opportunity to enhance your skills and ensure that they are
mapped to real-time set industry demands.
2. Interact with and learn from experienced and established experts from IBM, a
global leader in technology.
3. Get easy access to free training in high-end technologies.
4. Open doors to placement opportunities according to one’s skill set.
5. Makes you market-ready.
6. Participation certificates
7. Prizes ranging from laptops, netbooks, and Apple iPods to cameras.
Date for Registration: 31 October 2011
Have questions? Call us toll-free at
1800-425-9366. (8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through
Friday) or e-mail us at tgmc2010(at)in.ibm.com