ATOS ORIGIN Placement Paper
Quantitative - time n distance, work, venn, sets, linear equations, there
were more i dont remember.
English - Reading Comprehension, synonyms, analogy, fill in the blanks,
more. but i dont remember
Essay - They said that this is NOT A DISQUALIFIER. the essay will be gone
through during the interview to "assess" your thoughts
Tech and HR interview happened simultaneously.
1) How would you dynamically allocate memory to an array
int * p;
p = (int *)malloc(n*sizeof(int));
2) What is return parameter of a contructorconstructor does not return anything
3) How will you make it return something Send address of return variable as an arguement to the
contrustor. store in pointer and modify
4) How is multiple inheritance done in Java. Using interfaces.
5) suppose you have a class C address 192.168.0.x 192.168.0.1 is for router How many other systems can you connect to this network
6)Where do you see yourself 2 years from now?
7)where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
8)If u r not happy with ur job, how will you let your superior know?
10)If I tell you to learn a new language ( Say COBOL ) in a week. will you be able to do it? how?
12)3 Strengths. 1 Weekness. How do u plan to overcome?
1)What is Oracle. What is SQL Server.
2)Explain network model, heirarchial model, relational model ( RDBMS )
3)9 balls are given. 8 balls have equal weight. 1 ball has different weight ( maybe more or less ). you have one weighing scale.
Minimum number of measuring to detect the odd ball.
Written exam pattern:-
1. there are three sections
(a) quantative apptitude = 30 ques.
(b) logical reasoning = 40 ques.
(c) english = 30 ques.
2. there is negative marking 1/2 (0.5) so be careful
3. there is sectional cutt off in each section. so time management is very important try to solve at least 50% question of each section.
(a) quantative apptitude :-(30 question)
Quanti questions are easy one r.s. agarwall is more then enough some questions are from percentage, profit and loss etc
e.g 1. two successive discounts are 20% 40% then its equivalent discount
2. if radius of cylinder is incresed by 30% and height is decresed by 40% then what will % effect on volume of cylinder.
3.The total expense of a boarding house are partly fixed and partly variable with the number of boarders. The charge is Rs.70 per head when
there are 25 boarders and Rs.60 when there are 50 boarders. Find the charge per head when there are 100 boarders.
a = fixed cost and
k = variable cost and n = number of boarders
total cost when 25 boarders c = 25*70 = 1750 i.e. 1750 = a + 25k
total cost when 50 boarders c = 50*60 = 3000 i.e. 3000 = a + 50k
solving above 2 eqns, 3000-1750 = 25k i.e. 1250 = 25k i.e. k = 50
therefore, substituting this value of k in either of above 2 eqns we get
a = 500 (a = 3000-50*50 = 500 or a = 1750 - 25*50 = 500)
so total cost when 100 boarders = c = a + 100k = 500 + 100*50 = 5500
so cost per head = 5500/100 = 55
4.Amal bought 5 pens, 7 pencils and 4 erasers. Rajan bought 6 pens, 8 erasers and 14 pencils for an amount which was half more than what Amal
had paid. What % of the total amount paid by Amal was paid for pens?
d) None of these
Let, 5 pens + 7 pencils + 4 erasers = x rupees
so 10 pens + 14 pencils + 8 erasers = 2*x rupees
also mentioned, 6 pens + 14 pencils + 8 erarsers = 1.5*x rupees
so (10-6) = 4 pens = (2-1.5)x rupees
so 4 pens = 0.5x rupees = 8 pens = x rupees
so 5 pens = 5x/8 rupees = 5/8 of total (note x rupees is total amt paid
amal) i.e 5/8 = 500/8% = 62.5% is the answer
(5) 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 oranges, 2 bananas, and 1 apple costs Rs 10. What is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3
soln. of 5.
x+y+z=5 that is for 1 orange ,1 bannana and 1 apple requires 5Rs.
so for 3 orange ,3 bannana and 3 apple requires 15Rs.
(6) age of mohan's sister is thrice of mohan's age then what will be sister's age if mohan's age is 4 year at present. some questions are also
from data interpreation. i can't remember other questions but these question certainly give you some ideas. about question level
(b LOGICAL REASONING :-(40 question.)
data sufficiency about 4 ques., statement and conclusion about 4 ques, 4 puzzles about 16 question ,number series 4 question data interpreation 4
ques.,.......... i can't remember some questions are:-
From data sufficiency
(1) a,b and c are three cities in straight then wht will be distance between a and b
(a) if distance between a and c is 60 k.m.
(b) ratio of distance between a and b and b and c is 2:5
(2) \ A
x \ y
is line AD is perpendicular to line BC
(a) if x=y
other question i can't remember from statement conclusion
(3) there is a notice board on the outside of an office on the notice board a statement is. read the notice board before enter into the room.
then conclusion 1. people are litrate conclusion 2. blind people cannot enter into the office
(4) there was huge rain but traffic are not jam in town conclusion 1.in rainy season traffic always jam
conclusion 2. from puzzles
(5) there are 5 cricket ground eden garden, warson, lords, dambula, sidni and 5 countries england, south africa, srilanka , india,australia piches
are flat, slow, spin, fast ................. can't remember..................
(6) there are 6 doctors p,q,r,s,t,u,v they pratice in a hospital monday is close day i doctor can visit the hospital every day 1 hour between 9 a.m.
to 1 p.m. , 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. is lunch and 2 p.m. 5 p.m. saturday is half day so each doctor do their duty for 1/2 hours
r alway do his duty after launch p always be the first doctor every day who do his duty
q always be the last doctor every day who do his duty r is followed by w I can't remember exactly waht is but this puzzle is easy one i
solved it in exam but in cricket puzzle problem i faced some difficulties..
(7) six persons A,B,C,D,E and F are sitting in two rows, three in each E is not at the end of any row
D is second to the left of F C, the neighbour of E , is sitting diagonally opposite D
B is the neighbour of F
(1) which of the following are sitting diagonally opposite to each other
(a) F and C
(b) D and A
(c) A and C
(d) A and F
(e) A and B
(2) who is facing B
(3) which of the folllowing are in the same row
(a) A and E
(b) E and D
(c) C and B
(d) A and B
(e) C and E
(4) which of the following are in the same row
(b) CEB (c) DBF
(d) AEF (e) ABF
(5) after interchanging seat with F, who will be the neighbour of D in the new position
(a) C and A
(b) E and B
(c) only B
(d) only A
(e) only C
soln. (1) d
(4) c (5) a
Cool mohan is taller then ram mohan is taller then sohan then what can be say
(a) ram is taller then sohan
(b) sohan is taller then ram
(c) can't tell
ENGLISH SECTION :---(30 question)
4 ques. like this i.e find out error in the following sentence one of the men has(a)/to teach them properly(b)/because he
is(c)/the teacher in this school(d)/no error(e)
Ans- (d) because before profession a is not used so error in (d) means ' a teacher in this school ' is correct
3 ques. antonyms(easy one)
4 ques. word meaning analogy ( difficult one i can't solve any one)
4 ques. from passage ( average)
4 ques. from preposition
Thadomal Shahani Eng Coll. Mumbai.
1 Aptitude Test
2 Essay Writing
3 Technical as well as H.R Interview.
" Time management is important , If there is sectional cut-off, please take judgement of lower cutoff, I did same thing, I did not attempt all
question but I had attempted only selected question , because there was negative marking, don't waste your time in attempting extra question, when
u think u have answered enought question to clear that section, immediately jump to another question, then if u get time then come back for that
section, I kept my mind cool I got enough to clear test but the people who tried for maximum questions or selected random answers they failed to make
it. so do with cool mind"
100 Questions in 75 minutes and then 15 minutes of Essay. First they said there is negative marking of '-1', but after some time they reduced the
criteria they said negative marking of -0.5, but they had kept sectional cutt off.
Apti marks distubation was like 45(Logical Reasoning) + 30 (Quantative Apti) + 25 (Verbal English)
Section i: Logical reasoning: This section consists of all logical
puzzles, no need oF any kind Of calculatoin here u need to see book of ' A MODERN APPROACH TO VERBAL & NON VERBALREASONING'
Prepare following chapters from this book,
1.CHAPTER 6. PUZZLES-
Following example was there as it is in book, in Apti ' Six persons A, B, C,D,E ande F are sitting in two rowz , three in each.
E is not at end of any row.
D is second to the left of F
C, the neighbour of E , is sitting diagonally opposite to D.
B is the neighbour of F.
Answer following questions.
1. Which of the following are sitting digonally opposite to D...?
2. Who is facing B..?
3.Which of the following are in same row ?
4. which of the following are in one of two rowz ?
5. After interchanging seat with E , who will bethe neighbours of D in the new position ?
Chapter 2. in logical part- Statement and Arguments
Here u must prepare chapter like statements and arguments , assertion and reasoning, etc. Do it well from RS Agarwal.
1. They will give u One statement. Below that there will be two statements
I) & II ), as a reason. select option
a) If only stmt I) is strong reason for given statement.
b) If only statement II) is strong reason for given statement.
c) If I) & II) both are strong reason for given statement.
d) neither I) nor II) is a reason for given statement.etc.
Prepare these topic, surely there will be 5-10 questions on this topic.
SECTION 2 : Quant Apti.
Refer R.S Agarwal Quant Aptitude
Refer forrwing chapters
1. Train Problems
2. Boat and streams.
3. Time and distance
4. Time and work.
6. ration and proportion
30 questiona are there total, do it very carefully. No need to attempt all question , keep eyes on your watch , do selected question first
SECTION 3 -ENGLISH- ( VERY TOUGH )
Here u need a bit of luck u must be very good in english, people who have given GRE or equivalent exams this is easy for them
I had not prepared for such exams so it was tough for me. There were two big paras and question were asked from that plus some synonyms and
Antonyms. Try to prepare.
ESSAY Writing : Topic ' Effectiveness of Technology in Medical services '
INTERVIEW : ( TECHNICAL AND HR )
Please gather maximum knowledge from net about the company u are going
for, like executive leaders in company, turnover, service areas, etc.
Interview was very good experience , Panel was very friendly first they introduced themselves , then interview started
Question were like follow
1. Tell me something about u r self..
2. Questions from resume specially from educational background,
3. Which was the subject u hate most - I said Maths , I explained the reason ,Then He agreed with me
4. which subject u love - I said Java,
5. Then they asked some questions from DBMs,
(please brush up your knowledge before going for Interview specially, C, C++, DBMS, OS, SS, Data Structure , S/W Enginnring like Testing Tech, S/w
Models ,They can shoot any questions from that)
Otherwise prepare any one subject very well, they can ask about your favorite subject, u must be well prepared about that subject,
6. Then they asked about my career interest,
7. Then they asked if I had any questions for them.. (Please ask some sensible question )
8. they were looking very happy with me, And I walked out with enought confidence, after 3-4 hours they announced names,