: Latest Yahoo Placement Paper Pattern
and Computer Awareness
No Negative Marking.45 minutes to complete the test. Do not write anything on
Average Good Excellent
Male 10 48
Total 30 80
Panic buttons were pressed but to no avail. An expert committee was formed,which
decided that the following facts were self evident:
d) Half the students were either good or excellent. (implies the total of good
and excellent is 40, i.e., hall of 80)
e) 40% of the students were female (this implies that 32 is 40% of the total
students, hence total students are 80, this implies that males are 48, calculate
the rest yourself)
f) One third of male students were average
9) What proportion of good students are male?
10) What proportion of female students are good?
11) How many students are both male and good?
12) Among average students, what is the ratio of male to female?
Directions for Questions Nos: 13 to 17
Five executives of a multinational company met in Bombay :
Mr. Ram can speak Tamil and Hindi
Mr.Sham speaks Tamil and English
Mr. Raju converses in English and Hindi
Mr.Balu speaks Telugu and Tamil quite well.
Mr.Lalu can speak Hindi and Telugu
13) Which of the following can act as a interpreter when Mr.Raju and Mr.Balu
wish to confer?
A) Mr.Ram Only
B) Mr.Sham Only.
C) Either Mr.Ram or Mr.Sham
D) Any of the other three executives.
14) Besides Mr. Lalu, which of the following can converse with Mr.Balu
without an Interpreter?
A) Mr.Ram Only
B) Mr.Sham only
C) Mr.Ram and Mr.Sham
D) Mr.Raju Only
15) Which of the following cannot converse without interpreter?
A) Mr. Sham and Mr.Lalu.
B) Mr. Ram and Mr. Sham
C) Mr. Ram and Mr. Raju
D) Mr. Sham and Mr. Balu
16) If a sixth executive is brought in, for him to be understood by the
maximum number of original five, he should be fluent in?
A) English and Telugu
B) Hindi and Tamil
C) Telugu and Hindi
D) Hindi and English
17) Of the languages spoken the most common languages are
A) English and Tamil
B) English and Hindi
C) English and Telugu
D) Hindi and Tamil
Directions for Questions Nos:18 to 21
Four people of different nationalities live on the same side of a street in four
houses each of different color. Each person has a different favorite drink. The
following additional information also known:
The Englishman lives in the red house.
The Italian drinks tea.
The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
In the second house from the right they drink milk
The Norwegian lives adjacent to the blue house
The Spaniard drinks fruit juice
Tea is drunk in the blue house.
The White House is to the right of the red house
18) Milk is drunk by
D) None of these
19) The Norwegian drinks
D) Fruit Juice
20) The color of Norwegian's house is
21) Which of the following is not true:
A) Milk is drunk in the red house
B) Italian lives in the blue house
C) The Spaniard lives in a corner house
D) The Italian lives next to Spaniard.
Part | Next Part