(PAPER) YAHOO PAPER -'C'Written Test (2007)
1. What is the output of the following code?
2. There is a 200 miles long tunnel. one train enters the tunnel at a speed of
200mph while the other trains enter the tunnel in the opposite direction at a
speed of 1000 mph. A bee travels at a speed of 1500 mph enters the tunnel goes
to and back until it reaches the train. What is the distance covered by the bee
when the two train collides (the bee survives)
3. List the two advantages of views.
4. Which layer is encryption and decryption done
5. What are the various modes used to send data over the network
6. Write a query to display the name of the students whose total marks is
divisible by 25 (total marks may be 175, 200, 150...)
P-wait, V-signal, S1 and S2 are semaphores. Consider two threads running. Is
there a deadlock .If yes in which situation does the deadlock occur.
8. How do you find the port number of the remote host?
9. (Date; who)>logfile
What is the difference between the two statements.
10. How do you find the machine MAC address
11. Write the set operators that are used for select.
12. Write a single command to find and delete all the files that are older than
1 day (modification time)
13. A is a 3*4 matrix and B is 4*5 matrix. What is the number of additions and
multiplications performed to obtain the resultant matrix
14. What is the output
kill -0 pid
echo "hello world"
17. List different schema/database objects
18. Randomization is good for which algorithm(quick sort, heap sort, selection
sort, hashed table, ...)
19. Descride the language in the following regular expression (a*a) b+b
20. In an I-node what is not there (file type, file name, size, owner)
21. If the probability of work done by three persons are 1/3, 2/5, 5/12. Then
what is the probability that the work is completed.
22. Given Id, author, creation time, size, links, web page, description
Bring it in 2nd normal form
23. Consider a heap containing numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 80, 60, 70 such that
numbers are in ascending order from the leaf to the root. If 25 is to be
inserted what is the position.(A, A, A, A)
25. Krishna tosses a one-rupee coin and a rupee coin. He announces that one is
head. But the result is not announced. What is the probability that the other
coin is head?
26. In database sort the student id and the course id for each student. Which is
the best possible solution.
- Sort the student id using a stable algorithm and then sort the course id using
- Sort the student id using a unstable algorithm and then sort the course id
using stable algorithm
- Sort the course id using a stable algorithm and then sort the student id using
- Sort the course id using a unstable algorithm and then sort the student id
using unstable algorithm