Paper : UNIX Test Question
Paper (File Management & Process Model)
FILE MANAGEMENT IN UNIX
1. How are devices represented in UNIX?
2. What is 'inode'?
3. Brief about the directory representation in UNIX
4. What are the Unix system calls for I/O?
5. How do you change File Access Permissions?
6. What are links and symbolic links in UNIX file system?
7. What is a FIFO?
8. How do you create special files like named pipes and device files?
9. Discuss the mount and unmount system calls
10. How does the inode map to data block of a file?
11. What is a shell?
PROCESS MODEL and IPC
1. Brief about the initial process sequence while the system boots up.
2. What are various IDs associated with a process?
3. Explain fork() system call.
4. Predict the output of the following program code
5. Predict the output of the following program code
fork(); fork(); fork();
6. List the system calls used for process management:
7. How can you get/set an environment variable from a program?
8. How can a parent and child process communicate?
9. What is a zombie?
10. What are the process states in Unix?
11. What Happens when you execute a program?
12. What Happens when you execute a command?
13. What is a Daemon?
14. What is 'ps' command for?
15. How would you kill a process?
16. What is an advantage of executing a process in background?
17. How do you execute one program from within another?
18. What is IPC? What are the various schemes available?