: TCS Placement Paper Pattern
Written paper consist of three section as u know.. Verbal, Reasoning, and Quant.
QUanti go through last year or any paper on net..i 'll give u few
examples..reasoning barron 12th edition.paper consist of three sets X,Y,Z
My set was Z ..LR includes, red brown, motorcyclist, all G & H,,other set
was having muesum problem ..mug these up ..dont attempt all ..
VERBAL ..10 SYN, 10 ANT..FEW OF THOSE ARE ..controvert, gadfly, vouchsafe,
mesmerize, illusion, tantamount, desultory, try to attempt 15 of these ..passage
were quite tough for reading comprehension, I didnt attempt those..attempt good
no of question of quants ..results were declared after 3 hrs ..112 got selected
..those whose names was not in the list was more capable than us..i think they
didnt check the paper ..just random picking ..
My tech is tommorrow..lets see wat happens but experience with company is not
good. they ask too much of core..question varies from C to data structure
..technical ..god knows wat struct their mind at that time. they have omitted
some genuine students.. meet u tomorrow with new experience .
quant is same as that of durgapur .
1. series.........3 8 15 24 ?
2. for the word SENSATIONAL, if you interchange 1st letter with 2nd, 3rd with 4th
n so on what will be the 10th letter from right..?
3. if A = 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1,
B = 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0,
C = 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
What is (A U B) U C ?
4. in which system, is the decimal number 384 equal to 1234?
5. in a two-dimensional array, X(7,9), with each element occupying 4 bytes of
memory, with the address of the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the address
If y = f(x) find f(x)?
7. what is the value of M(373, 5) + R(7.8) - T(6.4) + R( 3.4)
M- modulus R- round-off T- truncate
8. given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. find the one that is
9. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 meters width. A cable is
made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 3000mts
away from the power unit. the cost of the cable below water is Rs.4/- per meter
and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.5/-per meter. What is the distance of the
power plant from the other side of the river? (careful!!! Not the cost of
laying the cable!!!)
10. Match the following:
a. Brake, car
a type of
b mother, women
a superset of
c. eagle, dog
a part of
d. mushroom, vegetable not a
11. a flight takes off at 2 A.M from 32 N 40 E and travels for 9 hours to reach
the destination which is at 12 N 50 W. Find the local time of destination when
the flight reaches there.
12. find units: (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance )
13. Select the odd one out
14. if XUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?
15. select the odd one out
16. g(0)=1 , g(1)=2) g(n)=g(n-1)-g(n-2) find g(6).
17. no of edge, faces, vertices in a cube.
18. a may complete a work in 90 days ,A+B complete the work in 60 days in
how many days B alone may complete the work
19. @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes square and + denotes square root.
20. Which are orthogonal pairs?
21. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per
millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for
10milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How
much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it
22. which will give good standard deviation
1 question of venn diagram ...people speaking gujrati, punjabi and hindi 1
question of pie chart ..industrial distributor