: TCS Placement Paper Pattern
2007 At KOLKATA
I am ANUPAM GHOSH (IT) from HERITAGE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY. I GOT SELECTED IN
TCS. I am trying to give the situations & ques. faced on the day of CAMPUS
There were three sets of paper i.e. X,Y,Z...my set was Y...it
was an easy set ....specially the anlytical section was really easy....
VOCABULARY: 32 ques....
CRITICAL REASONING: 12 ques....
In the last section...first 8 ques. were easy..but last 4 ques were really
tough..I couldn't do that...& in last minute, I gave tick according to my
own choice bcoz paragraph corresponding to last 4 ques. was really tricky...
VOCAB section, there were 10 synonyms & 10
6-7 fill in the blanks...& one reading comprehension....that's from Barron's
16th edition...page 98-99..the topic on Mary Bethune...
mathematics section..it was really easy one...here's the some ques
that I remember..
1. If g (0)=1,g (1)=1 and g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n-2). Find g (6).
2. A plane moves from 9?N60?E to 9?N60?W. If the plane starts at 2 AM and
takes 10 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time.
a) 4.30 AM
b) 6.00 AM
c) 4.00 AM
3. Select the odd one out.
4. Select the odd one out
5. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
6. If M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation
Find the value of the following expression :
(373,5)+R (3.4)+T (7.7)+R (5.8)
7. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a) 5i+3j b) i+j c) 3i-5j d) -7i+j
A) (a)& (c).
8. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is
9. Find the singularity from a given set of matrices?
(Hint det (A)==0)
a) 2 0 b) 5 -3 c) 4 6 d) 3 4
3 5 - 5 3 3 7 2 0
10.Match the following
a) Sentence Paragraph 1) Not a type of
b) Basmati Wheat
c) Brother Sister
3) A type of
4) A part of
11. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in
10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
a) 13 hrs
12. The size of a program is N and the memory occupied by the program is given
by M = 4000sqr_root(N). If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how
much % increase is there in the memory?
13. What is the unit of the following?
(power*time) / (velocity*velocity)
14. In the word ORGANISATION if we exchange first with the second, second with
the third, third with fourth and so on......till last then what will be the 10
letter from right?
15. What is the largest prime no that will fit in 8 bit memory?
16. Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a) 7, 0, 7,0, 7,0
b) 7, 7, 7,7,7,7
c) -7, - 7, -7,-7,-7,-7
d) -7, 7, -7, 7,-7, 7
17. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is
made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr
away from the power unit. The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost
of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr. Find the pt where the cable cut through the
18. In madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/6 + 4t + 12, where t
is elapsed time. Find how much tem more or less in 6 pm to 9 pm.
didn't get the correct
Approach: substitute the given values....
19.The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per
millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10
milliseconds / and response will be back to programmer in 20 millisecond. How
many much time the program takes to get a response back to programmer, after it
20. If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel
by 30%, 40%, 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combine?
Approach: ( 70/100)*(60/100)*(90/100)*100=37.8
21. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the Program is given
by M = square root of 100N. If the size of The program is increased by 1% then
how much memory now Occupied?
22.there were six ques from venn diagram...easy ones....
23. there was a small graph given u have to identify which trigonometric ratio
is represented there...the options are
1) cos x
2) tan x
3) sin x
4) sec x
NOTE: TCS aptitude ques are generally repeated from the prev.
papers...so go through the prev papers. & at times they don't change the
numerical values...so don't worry ..keep ur head cool...then u'll surely get
Sir) introduce urself...
ANS:I gave details about myself..
Sir) what's ur family background?
ANS: I also gave the ans..
Sir) what are the different types of life cycle model?
ANS: I named four models..
Sir) what are the steps of waterfall model?
ANS: I gave the answer but he wasn't happy.. so I told sir that I have read this
topic long time ago..then he started asking me ques from C...
I was confident in C...& answer all the ques he asked...
1. write code for Fibonacci series....& describe the procedure for n=2..
2. what are the differences between C & JAVA??
ANS: I gave all the differences possible..he was happy with answer...
3.what's the difference between i++ & ++i ?
4.write code that will delete nodes from a singly linked list..(check ing of
head node is required).....
There were sir & mam....
1. Introduce urself.....
2. what are ur weaknesses?
Ans: I mentioned one of my weaknesses...then mam asked anything more...I said an
effect of my weakness that I have faced..
3. what are ur strength?
4. I already got a job in WIPRO, so sir asked which company would u choose?
ANS: my answer was TCS...& I have mentioned some important point that I have
gathered from PPT.
5. Do u have any ques to ask?
ANS: I said no sir....no such ques...(it's totally ur choice..if u have anything
to ask then ask....else not..)
I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WHEN I SAW MY NAME IN THE FINAL SELECTION LIST...
NO. of candidates in APTITUDE:--430(approx)
NO. of candidates in TECHNICAL:180(approx)
NO. of candidates in HR INTERVIEW:120(approx)
NO. of candidates ultimately SELECTED IN TCS:108.....