: TCS Placement Paper Pattern 2007 (Anand
Engineering College, Agra)
I am Yugank Sharma, currently pursuing
B-Tech in MECHANICAL Engg from Anand Engineering College, Agra in 3rd year. TATA
CONSULTANCY SERVICES visited our campus for recruitment on 20th March 2007. By
God's grace I am selected and want to share my experience with you all.
Whole of the process consisted of 2 rounds:
It consisted of three sections, verbal section, quant section and critical
Most of the words in this section were repeated from previous year question
papers, but the some new words were-
Other than this there was some paragraph followed by question (you will easily
All the question in this section was repeated from previous year question paper,
so practice them very well. The entire question are easily available in other
paper thus no need to write them again.
It consisted of 3 paragraphs followed by 4 questions each. All the questions are
from Barron's 12th edition, model test papers. So practice them well. The
questions I got were:
1-A is north of B
B is south of C
C is west of F
2- Post offices are closed on Saturday in New Wales.
Banks are closed on Sundays.
I was selected in the aptitude test and was called for final interview round
next day. Out of 206 students; those appeared for test 104 cleared it.
INTERVIEW ROUNDS consisted of three rounds Technical, H.R and M.R Round.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Your areas of interest?
3. Tell me about some basic laws of thermodynamics?
4. What are Air standard cycles?
5. P-V, T-S Diagrams of
6. Why Carnot cycle is not practical? It's limitations?
7. What is C.P.M and P.E.R.T?
8. What is knocking?
9. What is L.P.P (operations research)?
10. Basic refrigeration cycle?
11. Why manholes are circular?
12. Practical application of factor of safety?
13. Functioning of power plant (summer training)?
14. What do you about C and C++?
15. Phases of S/W development?
16. How mech. Design processes differ from s/w design process?
I cleared it, and then I was called for my H.R interview.
1. Tell me about your self?
2. Your family background?
3. Describe your native place?
4. How do you rate your college on 1-10 scale?
5. What did you learned from your summer training (other than technical)?
6. Why interested in s/w industry after being a mech engineer?
7. Are you wiling to re locate?
8. Are you comfortable with bond and overseas agreement?
9. Ask something from us? (I asked about companies PCMM and CMMI certification?
1. Tell me about your self other than mentioned in you resume?
2. Why willing to join TCS?
3. Full form of TCS? (I replied total customer satisfaction)
4. How mech engineers benefit a s/w industry?
5. Some question relating to design
Somehow I convinced them or say they were convinced by me and I was finally
selected. Total 31 students were selected from ANAND ENGG COLLEGE