: TCS Placement Paper Pattern
1. 232 expressed in base-5 is 1412. (Similar Q in different form & number
2. Pick the odd one out:
3. Pick the odd one out:
(I might have interchanged some choices for Qs 2 & 3. Please check.)
4. The following is not a triangle:
A) (60o, 80o, 20o)
B) (90o, 60o, 30o)
C) (54o, 66o, 60o)
D) (69o, 51o, 60o)
Ans: A (since sum of the angles in a triangle = 180o.)
5. The following is a planar cube (E, V, F):
A) (12, 8, 6)
B) (12, 6,
C) (6, 6,
D) (6, 8, 6)
E - no. of edges V - no. of vertices F - no. of faces
6. The greatest prime number among the following which can be stored in a 6-bit
7. Calc. A-(B C) and represent the resulting 8-bit word in decimal form.
A 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
B 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
C 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
(I might have interchanged the values of A, B & C but still try this.)
8. Fit a suitable curve with the given data.
A) y = log x B) y = log 10x C) y = -10log x D) y = ex
9. How many B's are followed by G's which are not followed by S's in the
B B G M P Q B G S K O B G A S B B G D E F B G S T I
Ans: 4 (Another Q on the same logic was also asked.)
10. M(373,5) + R(3.4) + T(7.7) - R(5. = ___
M - Modulo R - Round-off T - Truncate
Ans: 3 + 3 + 7 - 6 = 7
(In the above, first term means the remainder obtained after dividing 373 by 5.)
11. Match the following:
A) Female - Girl i) A type of
B) Bug - Reptile ii) A superset of
C) Beagle - Dog iii) A part of
D) Piston - Engine iv) Not a part of
(Another set like this was also asked.)
12. There is a matrix X of order 7 9 whose elements will be filled column-wise.
The address of the first element X(1,1) is 1258. Each element occupies 4 bytes
of memory. Then the address of the element X(5,8) is 1473.
13. 5 7 11 ? 25
14. A, B & C can do a piece of work in 8 days. A alone can do it in 12 days
and B alone can do it 16 days. Then C alone can do it in ___.
15. The line equation of the following curve is
A) y = ex
B) y = tan x
C) y = cos x
D) x + y = 0
Ans: D (For some others, tan x and cos x curves were asked.)
16. A & B can do a piece of work in 12 days. A is capable of doing twice the
work as B. In how many days A alone can complete the work?
17. If the first/second, third/fourth, fifth/sixth etc. letters of the word PSYCHIATRIST
are interchanged, then the letter which is 8th from right is I .
18. If DCPRY is coded as CBOQX then SPEND can be coded as RODMC.
19. The following is not a triangle:
Ans: D (Clue: Sum of any two sides should be greater than the third side.)
20. Temperature in Chennai is measured since 12 noon is given by (t2/9) + 4t +
16. Then the difference in temperatures between 4 pm and 9 pm is ___. (I don't
remember the question but can only outline it.)
21. Aeroplane - 12oN 26oE - 20oS 30oW - Longitude - 8 hours to reach
(I don't remember the question but can only outline it. Ans: 5 hr. 40 min.)
22. Three savings 20%, 40%, 10% - Net saving? (I don't remember this question
also but can only outline it.)
24. n 100 or 100 n (I don't remember exactly). If n increases by 1% then ---
25. Data Interpretation from Charts