Syntel placement paper (Aptitude , Reasoning)
1. one pipe fills in 4 hrs and
another in 5hrs when they both work alternately how much time will be taken to
fill the tank.
2. LCM of 3 no's is 120 which of
the following no must not be their HCF
a. 8 b.24
c.12 d.24 e. 30
3. Two trains from the points A and
B moving in opposite direction , at the point they meet the second train travels
120 kms more than the first. The speeds are 50kmph and 60kmph respectively find
the distance between A and B?
4. One monkey climbs a poll at the
rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60
mtrs , how much time it will take to reach the top?
a. 31 b.33
c.37 d.40 (ans: 37)
5. a number when multiplied by 7/18
instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less than the actual result , find the
6. The volume and the radius of
both cone and sphere are equal , then find the ratio of height of the cone to
the diameter of the sphere?
7. A and B started a business with
1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half of the profit is shared equally the
remaining is shared according to their investment. Find their profits.
8. The difference between the
simple interest and compound interest for 2 years?
A:B =2:3 and B:C=5:6 then find A:B:C
9. an amount of 64 Rs has to become
125 in 3 years in compound interest , find the rate of interest?
10. a similar to the above problem
find the time(rate of interest is given)
11. the prime no., which is greater
than 6 when divide by 6 will always gives the remainder
ans: 1 or 5
12. Length of a rectangle is
increased by 50% and breadth is decreased by 25% what is the difference in the
13. Mr X position in a class is
13th from first and 17th from last, and 8th from the first and 13th from last in
passed candidates list, then how many candidates failed in the exam
14. Two successive discounts of 20%
and 15% is equal to a net discount of .....
15. A two digit number is 4 times
to its sum of digits , when 9 is added to the number, the digits will get
reversed. Then what is that number?
16. The length of the following
rectangle is '4a' and its breadth is '2a'. Radius of the two circles is 'a'.
Then find the ratio of total area of the rectangle to the area not covered by
the two circles with in the rectangle
17. A person starts with the speed
of u/1 kmph and returns with the speed of u/2 kmph, what is his average speed.
18. A cistern will be filled in 9
hrs, but becoz of an outlet it is filled in 10 hrs, if the cistern is filled,
then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern.
19. In a right angled triangle ABC
angle B = 90 , BM is the median to AC , then AB2 + BC2 (in terms of BM)
20. Three circles with same radius
r are drawn with centres as three vertices of a triangle. What is the sum of
areas of the intersections of these circles with the triangle.
21. X men work for X days to
produce X products, then Y men can produce Y products in ---- days.
22. The compound interest for first
and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain amount. Find the sum.
23. Marked price of a commodity is
35% above the cost price. If he gives a discount of 15%, how much he gains on
24. 5 mangoes + 4 oranges = 7
mangoes + 1 orange. Find the ratio
of mango to orange.
25. A man starts a work, after some
time some one joins him..............like this
26. Food is sufficient for 100men
for 60days. For how many days the food is sufficient for 500men?
27. If 8men 8hrs per day works for
8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days
they get 60/-?
28. A person sold an item at a
profit of 12% .If he sold it at a loss of 12% then he would get Rs.6/- less.
What is the cost price?
29. (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5)))
* ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) (Numbers different)
30. Avg age of X number of adults
in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then
the avg age increases by one. Find X?
31. A sphere of radius 2cms is
dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms containing water upto certain level. The
raise in the water level is (not sure)
32. find the average of reciprocals
of x and y :
33. In a school there are 1000
students in the year 1999. The number of students increased by 20% in the year
2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001. But it is decreased by 18% in
2002. Then what is the strength in 2002.(numbers may diff
1. Odd man out
a) stem b) fruits c) flowers d) tree e)
2. 9, --, 15, 18, 21, 24
3. seating arrangement(2 puzzles)
4. books arrangement (puzzle)
6. If 3rd day of a month is Monday.
Then what is the 5th day after 21st of that month?
7. blood relation