Syntel Placement Paper (Aptitude, Verbal & Reasoning)
Part 1: (Verbal/English)
a. window:bedroom b. lument:barevemant
c. pot:pan d. face:penalty
1. One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mts , how much time it will take to reach the top? a. 31 b.33 c.37 d.40
2. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can produce Y products in - - - - days.
3. sqrt(12 + sqrt(12) + ((sqrt(12) +......................infinity) = ?
4. consider a square ABCD, in which E is the mid-point of BC & F is that of CD. Now find the ratio of area of triangle AEF to the area of square ABCD. (ans: 3/8)
Part III (Reasoning)
1. There are 4 buses - A,B,C,D. There are 220 students in a school. A can carry 60 students. B can carry 50 students. C can carry 40 students. D can carry 35 students Cost of travelling in the 4 buses were given, A - 160 , B- 140, C- 125 , D- 95 (not exact values)
a) Find the bus combinations, so that all the students can be carried in the minimum cost (One can use any no. of buses of a particular type)
b) Find the min. no. of buses required to carry all students etc.
2. P speakes Italian & French Q speakes Spanish & English R speakes Italian & German S speakes Spanish & French T speakes English & German etc. Find a) Mediator between P & Q b) Most popular language etc
3. All P's are Q's some R's are not C's Some C's are P's & so on ( 5 Q's based on these facts)
4. One Logical Venn diagram problem
5. One simple flow chart