Ramco System Placement Paper (Aptitude- Fill in the
blanks, Antonyms & Direction)
Directions :- Each sentence below has one or two
blanks. Choose the word from the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1) The air was bitter cold, the temperature well below the freezing point , yet they found themselves ------ freely as they clambered up the steep northern slope
2) We were taken when we heard of his defection , never having suspected that he was anything but loyal. So capable had been his ---- or and devotion to cease
3) War and peace are mutually ------- states of being and war to preserve peace is not a paradox . It is a -----
Ans: incompatible -- contradiction
4) Although the injury appeared ------, the examination by the ophthomologist revealed that he would need immediate surgery to save his sight.
1. corroborative ---- refutable
2. obnoxious ---- harmless
3. sanction ---- hinder
4. empirical ---- experimental
5. aborigine ---- emigrant
Directions for questions 1- 5 . Questions 1 -5 are based on the following information:
A port has four berths W,V,X,Y. Of these two are general cargo berth, one is a fertiliser berth and one is for liquid cargo, When vessel A arrived it was berthed at berth V but vessel B which along with A had to wait prior to berthing as vessel C was working in berth Y and vessel D was working in berth W .Vessel E came to unload fertiliser and did not have to wait. All are specilised berths i.e. general cargo vessel has to work only in a general cargo berth. So is true for fertiliser vessel and liquid cargo vessel.
1. The vessel E should be alotted to the berth.
2. Which of the following berth can accept a vessel carrying liquid cargo--W, V, X, Y
3. Which of the following is not a general cargo vessel--A ,B, C, D, E
4. Total number of general cargo vessels mentioned in the above description is
5. Which of the following allotments is possible
Ans: B to W