Quark Technologies Placement Paper (Analytical)
Directions for Questions Nos: 1 to 5
Five executives of a multinational company met in Bombay:
Mr. Ram can speak Tamil and Hindi
Mr.Sham speaks Tamil and English
Mr. Raju converses in English and Hindi
Mr.Balu speaks Telugu and Tamil quite well.
Mr.Lalu can speak Hindi and Telugu
1) Which of the following can act as a interpreter when Mr.Raju and Mr.Balu wish to confer?
A) Mr.Ram Only
B) Mr.Sham Only.
C) Either Mr.Ram or Mr.Sham
D) Any of the other three executives.
2) Besides Mr. Lalu, which of the following can converse with Mr.Balu without an Interpreter?
A) Mr.Ram Only
B) Mr.Sham only
C) Mr.Ram and Mr.Sham
D) Mr.Raju Only
3) Which of the following cannot converse without interpreter?
A) Mr. Sham and Mr.Lalu.
B) Mr. Ram and Mr. Sham
C) Mr. Ram and Mr. Raju
D) Mr. Sham and Mr. Balu
4) If a sixth executive is brought in, for him to be understood by the maximum number of original five, he should be fluent in?
A) English and Telugu
B) Hindi and Tamil
C) Telugu and Hindi
D) Hindi and English
5) Of the languages spoken the most common languages are
A) English and Tamil
B) English and Hindi
C) English and Telugu
D) Hindi and Tamil
Directions for Questions Nos:6 to 9
Four people of different nationalities live on the same side of a street in four houses each of different color. Each person has a different favorite drink. The following additional information also known:
The Englishman lives in the red house.
The Italian drinks tea.
The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
In the second house from the right they drink milk
The Norwegian lives adjacent to the blue house
The Spaniard drinks fruit juice
Tea is drunk in the blue house.
The White House is to the right of the red house
6) Milk is drunk by
D) None of these
7) The Norwegian drinks
D) Fruit Juice
8) The color of Norwegian’s house is
9) Which of the following is not true:
A) Milk is drunk in the red house
B) Italian lives in the blue house
C) The Spaniard lives in a corner house
D) The Italian lives next to Spaniard.
Directions for Questions Nos: 10 to 11
Kya-Kya is an island in the south pacific .The inhabitants of Kya-Kya always answer any question with two sentences, one of which is always true and other is always false.
10) You are walking on a road and come to a fork. You ask the inhabitants Ram, Laxman, Lila,”Which road will take me to the village?”
Ram says,”I never speak to strangers. I am new to this place”
Laxman says,”I am married to Lila. Take the left road”.
Lila says,”I am married to ram. He is not new to this place”
Which of the following is true?
A) Left road takes you to the village
B) Right road takes you to the village
C) Lila is married to laxman
D) None of above
Ram said he never talked to strangers, but he spoke to a stranger, this means that this statement is false, hence his other statement must be true, hence the second statement of Lila is false, hence her first statement is true that is she is married to ram, hence the first statement of Laxman is false, hence his second statement is true, that is take the left road.
11) You find that your boat is stolen. You question three inhabitants of the island and they reply as follows:
John says," I didn’t do it. Mathew didn’t do it”
Matthew says," I didn’t do it. Krishna didn’t do it.”
Krishna says," I didn’t do it .I don’t know who did it.”
Who stole your boat?
D) None of them.
Matthew said he didn’t know who did it, but he also said he didn’t do it, which means he knows who did it, which means his second statement is false, which means his first statement is true…
Directions for question nos 12-13:
There are five trains A, B, C, D and E that run between the following stations:
Bombay and Pune
Calcutta and Bombay
Pune and Goa
Goa and Bombay
Pune and Calcutta
Trains A and D do not go to Bombay, B&C do not go to Calcutta and C & D do not touch Goa.
12) Train E goes from………… to………… and vice-versa
A.Pune and Calcutta
B.Bombay to Goa
C.Bombay to Calcutta
D.Goa to Pune.
13) Which train runs between Calcutta and Pune?