Patni Latest Job Interview Placement
Paper (Aptitude) | Chennai
Company Name : Patni
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
PAPER: PATNI PLACEMENT PAPER1 (APTITUDE)
1. if jacob sold a watch costing rs.400 to john at 15% profit
and john sold the same to sudhir at 15% profit, what is the
price paid by sudhir?
2. In a shop 80% of the articles are sold at a profit of 10% and
the remaining at a loss of 40%.what is the overall profit/loss?
a.10% profit b.10% loss c.15% profit d. no profit, no loss(ans)
3. if an article with marked price of rs.400 is sold at
successive discount of 10%,25% and 15%,what is the price the
customer has to pay?
a.360 b.300 c.230(ans) d.270
4. the sides of a triangle are in the ratio 37.if the perimeter
is 60 cms, the longest side is
a.7 b.30 c.28(ans) d.14
5. an article with cost price of 180 is sold at 15% profit. what
is the selling price?
6. what part of x*x is power(x,2/3)?
a.60% b.66.7% c.69% d.can't say(ans)
7. 15% of 75 is the same as vx% of 450.find x.
a.1 b.2.5(ans) c.3 d.5
8. if the selling price of an object is rs.2300 and the profit
percent is 15,what is the cost price?
a.1995(ans) b.1945 c.2000 d.2645
9.70% of x is greater than 1/3rd of x by 110.what is x?
a.100 b.200 c.300 d.350(ans)
10. the age of a and b are in the ratio 4:5 and of b and c in
the ratio 3:2.the youngedt of three is
a.a b.b c.c(ans)
11. a man buys postage stamps of denomination of 30ps. and 50 ps.
for rs.10.00. he buys 22 stamps in all. find the no of 30ps.
stamps bought by him.
12. the ages of a and b are in the ratio 9:4. after 7 years the
ratio of their aghes will be 5:3.find b's present age.
13. if 28 is divided into two parts such that one fourth of the
greater part is equal to one third of the lesser part,then the
greater part is
14.a man and a woman, walking together start out by both taking
a step with the left foot. in order to keep together, the man
whose stride is longer, takes two steps while the woman takes
three. how many steps will the woman have taken they are both
about to step out on the right foot for the first time together?
15. for communicating with its satellite,NASA has only two codes
is equal to 2 and<= is equal to 3.whenever the two symbols
appear together the value is taken as sum of each symbol. for
example <=<=*** is equal to 3+3+2+2+2=12.which of the following
is equal to <=<=<=** minus <**?
16. if i sell two articles, one at 20% profit for rs.100 and the
other at 20% loss for rs.100, what is my net profit/loss?
a.4.16 profit b.4.16 loss c.8.33 profit d.8.33 loss(ans)
17. if 85% of the population of an ant colony is red, and of
these 45% are females, then what % of the total ant population
are male red ants?
a.46.75(ans) b.40 c.33.66 d.66.66
18. what is the cost price of an article sold at rs.199 after
two successive discount of 10% and 15%?
a.260(ans) b.200 c.234 d.220
19. if A and B can do a piece of work in 10 days and A alone can
do it in 15 days, how long will B take to do it?
a.25 b.20 c.15 d.30
20. if 12 men working 2 hours a day take 10 days to complete a
job, how long will 8 men working 6 hours a day take to do the
a.5(ans) b.8 c.12 d.3
21.a mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 5:1. another
mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 2:1.what is the
ratio in which two mixtures are added to get the mixture in the
a.5:2 b.2:5(ans) c.2:7 d.3:2
22..x:y=7:11, y:z=1:7.what is the least possible integral values
of x given that z is 11x.
a.3(ans) b.9 c.7 d.10
23. pqrs is a rectangle having area 50. rx=1/4sr.what is the
area of pqxs?
a.37.5 b.42.5 c.12 d.3
24.what is the area of a circle having the same perimeter as
that of a square whose area is 121.
Exam/Interview Date : 28-Dec-2009
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test
Location : Chennai
Contributor Name : Rahul