Latest TCS Fresher Job Interview Paper Pattern : 10th, Dec
Company Name : TCS
Type : Fresher
Job Interview, Question Paper
All 90% question from previous paper. Open see same mock test question also
comes as it is.
1.A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all
values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ' At least n of the statements on
this sheet are false. ' Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
2. Consider two tumblers, the first containing one liter of coffee.
Suppose you take one spoon of water out of the first tumbler and pour it into
the second tumbler. After moving you take one spoon of the mixture from the
second tumbler and pour it back into the first tumbler . Which one of the
following statement holds now?
a) There is less coffee in the first tumbler than water in the second tumbler.
b) There is more coffee in the firs tumbler than water in the second tumbler
c) There is as much coffee in the first tumbler as there is water in the second
d) None of the statements holds true
3. Lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue- 32 red and 25
yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark inspite of the darkness. She
can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out
of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must
she take out to make sure she has a pair of each colour?
4. Alok and Bhanu play the following coins in a circle game. 99 coins are
arranged in a circle with each coin touching two other coin. Two of the coins
are special and the rest are ordinary. Alok starts and the players take turns
removing an ordinary coin of their choice from the circle and bringing the other
coins closer until they again form a (smaller) circle. The goal is to bring the
special coins adjacent to each other and the first player to do so wins the
game. Initially the special coins are separated by two ordinary coins O1 and O2.
Which of the following is true?
a) In order to win, Alok should remove O1 on his first turn.
b) In order to win, Alok should remove one of the coins different from O1 and O2
on his first turn.
c) In order to win, Alok should remove O2 on his first turn.
d) Alok has no winning strategy.
5. In the year 2002, Britain was reported to have had 4.3m closed –
circuit television (CCTV) cameras – one for every 14 people in the country .
This scrutiny is supposed to deter and detect crime. In one criminal case, the
police interrogates two suspects . The ratio between the ages of the two
suspects is 6:5 and the sum of their ages is 6:5 and the sum of their ages is 55
years. After how many years will the ratio be 8:7.?
6. A question on hand shake which is from shakus puzzle buk formula is
2^n=n(n-1)/2 number of hand shakes problem 8 people attending party number of
handshakes with cycle means 8*7/2=28 or if u find the word no cycle than answer
is 7 one less
7. A problem on building number number of 2's or 3's or 4's etc upto 9
answer is always 20 (count 2 in 22 two times every body in this forms will
written8 19 its wrong its answer is 20 for 2-9 number and 21 for number of 1's
because 100 is included. convert answer row base 10.1.
8. persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years
their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. hence the
current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh person?
9. The cost 1 plum is 1 cent ,2 apples is 1 cent,3 banana is 1 cent.
if Rahul buys same amount of fruits for his 3 sons spending 7 cent den what
amount of fruit each child will get?
10. 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) the of a tank in 3 hours, how
much time will it take to fill completely? Two years before Paul’s age is 2times
the Alice age and the present age of Paul is 6times the Alice. what is the
presents Paul’s age.
11. Ferrari is leading car manufacturer. Ferrari S.P.A. is an
Italian sports car. it has enjoyed great success. If Mohan's Ferrari is 3 times
faster than his old MERCEDES wich gave him 35kmph...if Mohan traveled 490 km in
his Ferrari. the hw much time he took?
Simple puzzle based on IQ
- 3 persons a,b,c were there A always says truth lies on Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday. but C lies on Thursday, Friday & Saturday .one day A said" that B
& C said to A that” B said “yesterday way one of the days when I lies”, C
said that "yesterday way one of the days when I lies too. then which day was
- What is the value of x+4y/x-2y. Given x/2y=2
- Alice lies on Mon, Tue, Wed and tells truth rest of the days. Bob lies
on Thu, Fri, Sat and tells truth rest of the days.Both make a statement.
Yesterday was one of the day when I lie to people. which day they made the
- Form 10 digit numbers from by using 1, 2,3,4,5 with repetition is
allowed and must be divisible by4?
- In school there are some bicycles and 4wheeler wagons. one Tuesday there
are 190 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
N=4x+x-y. find mon and max value if input in range 0-9.
- If 7 person doing 7 hrs a day for 7 days complete the work. How many
person r required for doing 16 hrs work in 16 day.
- A man has three points . he arranged them in form of triangle. Now how
many pts are at same distance from all 3 pts.
A cube of 5*5* 5 has 5 surfaces painted red. If smaller cube of size 1*1*1
is taken out ,tell how many surfaces in total of cubes taken out left remain
- Out of 20 peoples 19 person says my rightmost is guilty. If only 1 is
guilty. what is true.
a. leftmost is guilty
b.all are telling lie,
c. rightmost is guilty.
- Shake hand problem:(A1 –a2)-----(a18-a1) , tell how min no of set are
there such that at least 1 has shake hand with someone.
45 red, 8 green ball .probability of red ball.
- 10 envelop e and 10 letters are there. What is the probability that
exactly 1 letter goes in wrong envelope(ans.0)
- D=pow((t -1),1/2) , if t>15 find p when t=27.
- In a mixture, R is 2 parts S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the
mixture, how much r is to be added?
- In which of the system, decimal number 184 is equal to 1234?
- horse and tortoise walking around circle horse start after – time . if –
speed of horse is equal to – speed of tortoise . find increase in tortoise
speed. some problem like this.
Exam/Interview Date : 10-Dec-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test.
Location : Gurgaon