Latest TCS Fresher Job Interview
Paper Pattern 12, January 2011
Company Name : TCS.
Type : Fresher, Job Aptitude Test Paper.
I have appeared for TCS on campus on 12th January at GNIT along with
other 1300 students (JIS + Narula+ GNIT) .TCS had previously (in the month of
December) given away their Demo paper to many colleges and we were no exception.
We practiced them repeatedly. On the day of the aptitude test we found that each
& every question in the aptitude was from those papers given previously by
TCS. We were very happy, we Answered around 28(correct) on an avg.
I personally Answered 30(correct), could have Answered >32 but didn’t due
to the fear of uppercut off. In general cases it remains (lower cutoff 18 &
upper cutoff >32).But Eventually when results were out.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE LOWER CUTOFF WAS 33 OUT OF 35.THOSE WHO HAVE ANY DOUBT
CAN ASK THIS TO ANY STUDENT OF JIS/GNIT/NARULA OF BATCH 2011 PASSOUT.
Questions are: (You will get question in TCS out of these questions)
SET : 1
1. There is a toy train that can make 10 musical sounds. It makes 2 musical
sounds after being defective. What is the probability that me musical sound
would be produced 5 times consecutively? (1 of__)?
2. Peter and Paul ate two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years.
Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is
the preset ate of Peter?
3. The ages of two friends is in the ratio 6:5. The sum of their ages is
66. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 8:7?
4. There are 5 materials to make a perfume: Lilac, Balsamic, Lemon, Woody
and Mimosaic. To make a perfume that is in demand the following conditions are
to be followed: Lilac and Balsalmic go together. Woody and Minosaic go together,
Woody and balsalmic never go together. Lemon can be added with any material. All
of the following combinations are possible to make a perfume EXCEPT:
(a) Balsalmic and Lilac
(b) Woody and Lemon
(c) Mimosaic and Woody
(d) Minosaic and Lilac
5. A girl has a make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different
toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings?
Ans-nC2 * 2
6. A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are 25 cm,
11 cm and 31 cm. what will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
7. what is the distance between the z-intercept from the x0intercept in
the equation ax+by+cz+d=0.
Ans (- d/a)
8. An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that
she usually took. By how percent will she have to increase her average speed?
9. A horse chases a pony 3 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours
to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 35 kmph, what is the
average speed of the pony?
10. There is 7 friends (A1,A2,..A7). If A1 have to have shake with all
without repeat. How many hand shakes possible?
11. There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in an hour B can
fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, .if B
filled in (1/6) the of the tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill
12. 10 tables, 4chairs per table, each table has different number of
people then how many tables will left without at least one person.
13. The age of two friends is in the ratio 5:6, after how many years will
the ages be in the ratio 7:8?
14. A men whose age is 45 yrs has 3 sons named Johan, Jill and Jack.
He went to a park weekly twice. He loves his sons very much. On a certain day he
finds shopkeepers selling different things. An apple cost 1penny, 2chocalate
costs 1penny, & 3 bananas cost 1penny. He has bought equal no. of apple,
chocolate and banana for each son. If the total amount he invest is 7 penny then
how many he has bought from each piece for his son?
(a) 1app, 1 chow, q banana
(b) 1app, 2cho, 3banana
(c) 1app, 2cho, 1banana
15. A scientist was researching on animal behavior in his lab. He was
very interested in analyzing the behavior of bear. For some reason he traveled
1mile in north direction and reached at North Pole. There he saw a bear he then
followed the bear around 1hr with a speed of 2km/hr in east direction. After
that he traveled in south direction and reached at his lab in 2 hrs. Then what
is the colour of the bear?
(a) white (b) black (c) grey (d) brown
16. Ina particular city there are 100 homes numbered from
1,2,3……..100. The city was build by a builder from Chennai. There was 4 to 5
shops in the town which was build by a builder from Mumbai. THE 2nd builder in
can build in ½ time as compared to 1st builder. If the 2nd builder builds in 15
days, then how many 2’s are used by the builder from Chennai in numbering the
(a) 17 (b) 18 (c) 19 (d) 20
17. Mr. Das has 3 sons whose ages are respectively a, b, c. The
grandfather has bought a cycle for the eldest son, mother has bought a bag for
the youngest one which cost Rs. 150/. The sum of two age of the elder son and
one son is 15. The difference of the age of sons is 3 & 2. Then what of the
age of the elder son?
(a) 10 (b) 11 (c) 12 (d) 13
18. We all know that Aryabhatta is the greatest mathematician who belong
to India. When his daughter Mayabati was in her teen age he discovered a
problem. At that the time the age of Mayabati is a prime number, let that age is
A . After some years her age becomes B. then Aryabhatta was able to solve that
problem with the help of his daughter Mayabati. If a-b=5 & product of a
& b is 26 then what is the sum of two squares?
19. How many 13 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5
which are divisible by 4 if repetition of digits is allowed?
21. x/2y=2a, then 2x/x-2ay=?
22. Mr. Behera wants to build a house for his wife. In this there are 5
rooms each having equal area. The length of each room is 4m,, breadth is 5m. The
height of the rooms is 2m. If to make a sq meter we need 17 bricks, then how
many bricks are needed to make the floor of a particular room?
23. On Tuesday College parking palace have only 4wheelers and bicycles,
total no of wheels was 182, then what is the possible no of bicycles?
24. On average age something like a, b, c weighted separately 1st a, b,
c, then a & b, then b &c , then c 7 a at last abc, then last weight was
167, then what will be the avg. weight of the 7 weight?
25. Arrange the jumbled letters to make a perfect word RGTEI. Find to
which category it belong?
26. 3 persons a, b, c were there A always says truth, B lies on Monday,
Tuesday and Wednesday. But C lies on Thursday , Friday and Saturday. One day A
said “ that B and C said to A that” B said” yesterday way one of the days
when I lies”, C said that” yesterday way one of the days when I lies too”.
Then which day was that?
27. A mathematical series present like: 8 6 17 35 30 71 _ 143.
28. One man want to build a wall the length and breadth of the wall are
20, 30 respectively, he need 35 bricks for one square centimeter then how many
bricks he need?
29. One person had three children. He has 7 pennies. Then how he can
distribute the fruits among his child by following conditions.
(a) He can get one water millon for 1 penny.
(b) He can get 2 oranges for 1 penny.
(c) He can get 3 grapes for 1 penny.
30. 1/3rd of a number are more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the
31. In T nagar many buildings were under residential category for
buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150
and 200 only prime numbers. How many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
32. One grand father has 3 grand child. Eldest one are is 3 times of the
youngest child age. Sum of two youngest child age is more than two of eldest one
age. Find the eldest one age?
33. The difference b/w two numbers is 4. And their product is 17. Then
find the sum of their squares?
34. Find category from following Jumbles=d letters, PARAKEET
35. Which is the smallest digit when divides the 2880 gives perfect
36. I don’t have any brothers and sisters. By pointing a picture that
man said that his father is my fathers Son then who is he?
Ans- is the man
37. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, After two years
their average are will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. Hence the
current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh parson?
38. The ratio b/w the ages of two persons is 6:5 and sum of there ages is
77 then how many years later there ratio becomes 8:7?
39. Horse started to chase a dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And
horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and
two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small streets with 200 mts
length. After traveling 6hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. Compute the speed of
40. If six friend go to pizza corner there r 2 type s of pizzas. And six
different flavors are there, they have to select 2 flavors from 6 flavors
what’s chances to select?
41. 3, 22, 7, 45, 15, ?, 31 Complete the series.
42. A & B takes are there 1/8th of the tank B filled in 22 Hrs. what
is time to fill the tank full?
43. 5 friends went for week end party to Mc Donald’s restaurant and
there they measure there weights final measure is 155 kg then find the average
w=weight of 5 people?
44. 2 post are there. 1st pot is filled with ink and 2nd pot is filled
with water take 1 spoon of ink from 1st pot and pore it in 2nd pot. And take 1
spoon pf mixture from 2 and pot ad pore it in 2nd pot then which one of
following is true?
Lion said that today is one of those days when I lie.
Tiger said that today is one of those days when I lie too. Then find the day
when both lie together?
45. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years
their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. Hence the
current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh person?
46. ((4x+3y)+5x+9y)/(5x+5y)=? As (x/2y)=2
47. If we subtract a number with y, we get 4 increase of number, once it
got divided by y itself….Find the number??
48. I’m only son for my parents. The man in picture is my father’s
son. Who is he?
49. A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes after every 4 min now
train is defective and can make only 2 sounds, find probability that same sound
is repeated 3 times consecutively?
(a) 16 (b) 8 (c) 12 (d) 4
50. I have 3 grandsons. The age diff btw 2 of grandsons is X yrs. 1st
grandson is twice elder than younger one addition off ages of all the three is y
then what is age of eldest grandson?
51. Ferrari is leading car manufacturer car . It has enjoyed great
success. If Mohan’s Ferrari is 3 times faster than his old MERCEDES which gave
him 35 kmph if Mohan traveled 490 km in his Ferrari, then how much time (hours)
52. Lion and rat stay in jungle happily. Lion lies on : MON TUE WED, RAT
lies on : WED THURS SAT, if lion says : I didn’t lie yesterday, RAT says : e1
didn’t lie yesterday, so what day is today?
53. The ratio of current age of x and y is 5:7, after how many years
their age ratio will b 7:9?
54. Inspired by Fibonacci series sanket decided to create is own series
which is 1, 2, 3, 7, 7, 22, 15, 67,…..what number come immediately before 67?
55. By using 1,2,3,4,5 how many 5 digit no. cam be formed which is
divisible by 4, repetition of no. is allowed?
56. The cost 1 plum is 1 cent, 2 apples is 1 cent, 3 bananas is 1% if
Rahul buys same amount of fruits for his 3 s
Ans appending 7 cent den what amount of fruit each child will get?
57. 2880 is divided by which smallest no. so we get no. l which is
58. There are two prime numbers, the addition of two prime no is 13, and
multiplication is 21, den what is the some of there squares?
59. Smita was making 1 design, size of larger cube to be made is
5*5*5using smaller cubes of 1*1*1. She created solid larger cube.. Then she
decided to make hollow cube. Then how many 1*1*1 cubes required to make hollow
60. 2x/5y=5x/3y…den what is x/y
61. A pizza parlor provides pizzas. There were 2 topping available
initially pepperoni and salami.
but not they ,have introduces 8jnew toppings to select from. A person whishes to
buy two DIFFERENT pizzas of NEW topping in how many ways he can do that??
62. Person travels to a place. If he goes from A to B with speed of 4kmph
and return back to B with speed of 5 kmph. What is his avg. speed of journey?
63. There is a dice having value from 1 to 6 on each face and a pack of
cards having face card aces. When 2 dices are thrown and their scores are added
then which sum will come max number of times?
(a) * (b) 9 (c) 10 (d) 11
64. “Susha brought terilon cloth and rope to make a thing. If rope is
153 m long and it is to be cut into pieces of 1 m long then how many times will
she have to cut it??
65. There are some 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked total number of
wheels present is 240. Then how many 4 wheelers were there?
66. 1/3 of a number is 6 more than 1/6 of that number then what is the
67. The cost of making a robot consists of material cost, repairing cost,
coloring cost and is in the ratio 3:4:5, if the material cost is 1200 then find
out the cost of the robot.
68. There are pepsi 1 liter and oil 1 liter. It is given is 1 spoon of
Pepsi is taken and is mixed with Oil. Then 1 spoon oil and Pepsi is taken and is
mixed with Pepsi then which of the condition holds true.
69.A tank is filled with water in first hour 10 lit, Second hour 20 lit
and in 3 rd hour time 40 lit. If time taken fill ¼ of the tank is 5 hr. what is
the time required to fill up the tank.
70. Which is the smallest no divides 2880 and gives a perfect square?
71. Two bowls are taken, one contains water and another contains tea. One
spoon of water is added to second bowl and mixed well, and a spoon of mixture is
taken from second bowl and added to the second bowl. Which statement will hold
good for the above?
72. From 8 digit numbers from by using 1,2,3,4,5 with repetition is
allowed and must be divisible by 4?
(a) 31250 (b) 97656 (c) 78125 (d)
73. Rearrange and categorize the word ‘RAPETEKA’?
74. In school there are some bicycles and 4 wheeler wagons. One Tuesday
there are 190 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
75. A lies on mon, tues, wed and speak truth on other days, B lies on
thur, fri, sat and speaks truths on other days ….one day a said I lied today
and B said I too lied today. What is the day?
76. A father has 7 penny’s with him and 1 water melon is for 1 p,
2chickoos for 1 p, 3 grapes foe 1p, he has three sons. How can he share the
77. (1/2) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number?
78. A man is standing before a painting a man and he says I have no
brother and sister and his father is my father’s son?
79. One question has last part like difference between two terms is 9 and
product of two numbers is 14, what is the squares of sum of numbers?
80. What is the value of [(3x+8y)/(x-2y); if x/2y=2?
81. A pizza shop made pizzas with to flavors in home. there are ‘N’
different flavors, in that ‘M’ flavors are taken to made pizza. In how many
ways they can arrange?
82. One grandfather had three grandchildren, two fathers their age
difference is 3, eldest child age is 3 times youngest child’s age and eldest
child’s age is two times of sum of other two children. What is the age is
83. In one organization material, labor and maintenance are in the ratio
of 4:6:7, the material cost is 100, what is the total cost?
84. In a market 4 man are standing the average age of the four before 4
years is 45, after some days one man is added and his age is 49, what is the
average weight of all?
85. In school for a student out of 100 got 74 of average for 7 subjects
and he got 79 marks in 8th subjects. What is the average of all the subjects?
86. In a question, last part has the age of two people has the ratio of
6:6 and by adding the numbers we get 44, after how many years the ratio would be
87. One train travels 200m from A to B with 70 km/ph and returns to A
with 80kmph, what is the average of their speed?
88. Two years before Paul’s age is 2 times the Alice age and the
present age of Paul is 6times the Alice. What is the presents Paul’s age?
89. There is Ferrari and Benz car, Benz speed is say 10kmph and it cover
10 km. and if fernery goes with 3 times faster than Benz. So in how much time
Ferrari could take to cover same distance.
90. If one land has 3 daughters and any out of 3 have difference of ages
is 3 and oldest is 3 times of more than 2 then youngest ate 2 then tell the age
of oldest daughter.
91. If a person moves 15km straight and turns 45km right and moves 15km
straight then how much distance he needs to walk to reach starting point?
92. If there are 30 c Ans out of them one is poisoned if a person
tastes very little he will die within 14 hours so if there are mice to test and
24 h0urs how many mices are required to find the poisoned can?
93. If A and B mixed in 3:5 ration and B, C are mixed in 8:5 ration if
the final mixture is 35 liters, find the amount of b in the final mixture.
94. 1!+2!+….50!=3*10 ̂64?
95. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years
their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. Hence in the
current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh person?
96. If we subtract a number with y, we get 4 increase of number, once it
got divided by y itself….find that number?
97. It is the class with the seating arrangement in 4 rows and 8 columns.
When the teachers says ‘start the girl who is sitting in first row and first
column will say 1, then the next girl sitting behind her will say 4, the next
girl sitting behind that girl will say 7, in a particular order each girl is
telling a number, the following girls told 10, 13 next turn is yours what u will
98. It is drunk in my bedroom and I want to get two socks of the same
color from my drawer, which contains 24 red and 24 blue socks. How many socks do
I have to take from the drawer to gate at least two socks of the same color?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 48 (d) 25
99. 100 the cost 1 plum is 1 cent, 2 apples is 1 cent, 3 bananas is 1
cent, if Rahul buys same amount of fruits for his 3 sons spending 7 cent den
what amount of fruit each child will get?
Ans-1plum, 2apples, 1bananas
All The Best.
Date of Exam: 12th, January 2011.