Latest TCS Fresher Job Interview
Paper Pattern 3, Jan 2011
Company Name: TCS
Type: Fresher, Job Interview
My self Rucha , I am studying in KKWIEER , Nashik.TCS came to our college on 3rd
Jan 2010.They have select total 22 students from all branches n among them 7 are from computer dept. and I am ONE in them .
Their are total 3 round:
1. Aptitude test (Online).
2. Technical interview .
3. HR interview.
But the worst part in this is, they have selected only 10 for next round i.e. technical interview students from all 120 student who appear for aptitude test and 5 toppers from all the branches get direct entry to the technical
interview. But I am glad to say that I CRACK aptitute.
My advice to all who want to join the DREAM group TATA is , please at least try to get “first class “that is minimum 60 %
throughout. because their criteria is minimum 60% , I was just above 60%because my percentage was 60.95.
ok guys now focus on study.
Please refer R.S. Aggarwal book for topics like problems on ages , chain rule
,percentage, profit & loss, chain rule, time & work, boat & streams,
clock, odd man out series. Try to solve all problems. It will definitely helpful to you.
TCS has one software “touchstone” for conducting test . It is having collection of around 1 to 2 lacks
questions. So pattern of all questions are much same. So please first of all understand pattern of each company.
There are total 35 questions and 80 min. But questions are consist of very useless data , so it is our job to remove all stuff and jus extract imp info for solving
I am giving you some of question which I remember .
1. (1/2) of a number is 3 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
2. There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of 1 liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like, 10, 20, 40,80,
160..in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 liters, second hour it has 20 liters and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled of the 21 hours, what is total duration of hours
required to fill it completely?
3. Smita was making a cube with dimensions 5*5*5 using 1*1*1 cubes. What is the number of cubes needed to make a hollow cube looking of the same shape?
4. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 25blue, 7 red, and 9 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
5. A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round?
6. 1. There is 7 friends (A1, A2, A3....A7).If A1 have to have shake with all without repeat. How many handshakes possible?
7. On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula d = 4*√ (t-9) for t ≥ 9 where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar
blast. Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 7mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?
8. Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan's Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
9. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ' At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ‘Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
10. 3 persons a, b ,c were there A always says truth lies on Monday, Tuesday,&
Wednesday. but C lies on thrusday, Friday & Saturday .one day A said" that B & C said to A that” B said “yesterday way one of the days when I
lies”, C said that” yesterday way one of the days when I lies too". then which day was that?
11. By using 1,2,3,4,5,how many 5 digit no. can be formed which is divisible by 4,repetation of no. is allowed??
12. Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 20 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack. Alice starts and the players take turns. A turn consists of moving the coin on the top to a position i below the top coin (0 ≤ i ≤ 20). We will call this an i-move (thus a 0-move implies doing nothing). The proviso is that an i-move cannot be repeated; for example once a player makes a 2-move, on subsequent turns neither player can make a 2-move.If the gold coin happens to be on top when it's a player's turn then the player wins the game. Initially, the gold coins the third coin from the top. Then:-
A) In order to win, Alice's first move should be a 0-move.
B) In order to win, Alice's first move can be a 0-move or a 1-move.
C) In order to win, Alice's first move should be a 1-move.
D) Alice has no winning strategy.
13. For the FIFA world cup, Paul the octopus has been predicting the winner of each match with amazing success. It is
rumored that in a match between 2 teams A and B, Paul picks A with the same probability as A's chances of winning. Let's assume such
rumors to be true and that in a match between Ghana and Bolivia, Ghana the stronger team has a probability of 2/3 of winning the game. What is the probability that Paul will correctly pick the winner of the Ghana-Bolivia game?
14. Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression N = 9 + X + Y – Z where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
15. 10 suspects are rounded by the police and questioned about a bank robbery. Only one of them is guilty. The suspects are made to stand in a line and each person declares that the person next to him on his right is guilty. The rightmost person is not questioned. Which of the following possibilities are true?
A. All suspects are lying or the leftmost suspect is innocent.
B. All suspects are lying and the leftmost suspect is innocent .
A) B only
B) Neither A nor B
C) A only
D) Both A and B
16. The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same
rate. Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How long will it take 72 programmers to write 72 lines of code in total?
17. There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
There are some problems are same type. Then result come out , n my name was in selected list .
Then HR give me one form to fill and told to wait. Then I get call for technical interview .
Sir: Rucha , what you did in new year party?
Sir: tell me which is your favorite subject?
Sir: tell me about your project.
Then he start asking me all about computer networking. Then again switch to DBMS den ask some on
OS , command of UNIX OS
I give some correct and some wrong answers.
and last he said m done from my side , do you have any queries ? I told no sir. he
ask me to go.
Tip: always have “SMILE “on your face.
HR Interview :
It was jus a formality .they ask me about bond n relocation, said yes to both..
Then ask tell me about your self, as usual question.
Here I done with my HR interview.
Then he ask all student to wait for result , mean while they give presentation about TCS.
and lastly they announce result's my name was in that. that was happiest day in my
So study hard , do Smart work, trust yourself.
Best of Luck Guys.
Exam/Interview Date: 03, Jan 2011.
No of Rounds: Aptitude Test, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
Contributor Name: Rucha Pimparkar