Latest BEL General Aptitude Solved Test Paper : 2010
1. In which of the following movements ‘Vande Mataram’ was adotped for the
first time as a slogan for agitation?
(A) Revolt of 1857
(B) Partition of Bengal in 1905
(C) Non-cooperation Movement in 1922
(D) Quit India Movement in 1942
2. Who warned Gandhiji not to encourage fanaticism of Muslim religious leaders and their
(A) Agha Khan
(B) AjmaI Khan
(C) Hasan Imam
(D) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
3. Which one of the following is not correct about the Congress Session.of
(A) Ambika Charan Majumdar was not the president of this session
(B) In this session the reunion between the liberal and the extremist was
(C) Mahatma was apprised the problems of the peasants Champaran for the
(D) None of the above
4. Kanpur conspiracy case was against the leaders of?
(A) Khilafat Movement
(B) Non-cooperation Movement
(C) Communist Movement
(D) Revolutionary Movement
5. In India “Currency Notes issue system” is based on?
(A) Minimum reserve system
(B) Proportional reserve system
(C) Fixed exchange rate system
(D) Full convertibility system
6. ‘Disguised’ unemployment means?
(A) Persons with no jobs
(B) Unemployment among house wives
(C) Unemployment among per sons above 60 years pf age
(D) Employment of more persons in a job which lesser number of persons
7. Which of the following statements are true about the income tax in
1. It is a progressive tax,
2. It is a direct tax.
3. It is collected by the Government.
4. It is a proportional tax Select the correct answer from the code given
(A) 1 only
(B) 1 and 2 only
(D) 2, 3 and 4 only
8. ‘SIDBI’ has been established to-
(A) Finance small scale industries
(B) Finance cottage industries
(C) Finance large scale industries
(D) Finance public sector under takings
9. Gangubai Hangal, who died a few months ago, was a?
(A) Classical singer
(D) Sitar player
10. Deep Joshi has recently been given Raman Magsaysay Award in the category
(A) Government service
(B) Public service
(C) Community leadership
(D) Emergent leadership
11. The missing number in the following series: 5,10,13,26,29, 58, 61,…Is?
12. If 2 jeans and 3 shirts cost Rs. 4,000 and jeans and 2 shirts cost Rs. 3,500, how much does a jeans
(A) Rs. 1,500
(B) Rs 1,000
(C) Rs. 500
(D) Rs. 2,000
13. Which one of the following expresses error in computer data?
14.Assertion (A) Graphite is a good lubricant. Reason (R) Graphite is good conductor of electricity.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below Codes:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (A) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (A) are true but (H) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false but (A) is true
15. Acid rain is caused by pollution ot environment by?
(A) Carbon dioxide and Nitrogen
(B) Carbon monoxide and Carbon dioxide
(C) Ozone and Carbon dioxide
(D) Nitrous oxide and Sulphur dioxide
16.Which one of the following is called the ‘metal of future’?
17. The earliest coins of India were made of ?
18. The Mongols appeared for the first time on the banks of Indus during the reign
(C) Qutubuddin Aibak
19. The first woman ruler of medieval India was?
(A) Chand Bibi
20. The Moplah Rebellion (1921) took place in?
21. Which part of the Constitutions of India has been described as the: Soul of the Constitution ?
(A) Directive principles of State policy
(B) Fundamental rights
(D) Right to constitutional remedies
22. The first state to implement the Panchayati Raj System in India was?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
23. Who has the right to seek advisory opinion of the Supreme Court on any question of
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Any High Court
(D) All of the above
24. Consider the following statements about the Governor of a State
1. He is appointed by the President.
2. He holds office at the pleasure of the President.
3. The executive power of the: State vests in him.
4. Normally he holds office for five years.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(A) l and 2
(B) 1,2 and 3
(C) 1,2 and 4
(D) All the four
25. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(B) Lucknow —Gomti
26.Dilwara Jain temple is situated at?
(B) Mount Abu
27. Which one of the following is the biggest shipping canal in the
(A) Kiel Canal
(B) Panama Canal
(C) Soo Canal
(D) Suez Canal
28. Where was the battle of Plassey fought?
29. Who was the first Vice-President of India?
(A) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) C. V. Raman
(D) Jawahar Lal Nehru
30. What was the reason behind the mutiny of 1857?
(A) Cartridge containing fat
(B) Frustration in soldiers
(C) Failure of British Government
(D) Administrative research
31. Which of the following is UHF?
(C) 400 KHz
(B) 400 MHz
(D) 40 KHz
32. Mass of a particle is m and its momentum is p. Its kinetic energy will
33. SI . unit of power is ‘watt. It is equivalent to which of the following?
(D) None of these
34. Who among the following cricketers scored the highest runs?
(A) Brien Lara
(B) Sanat Jaysurya
(C) Sachin Tendulkar
(D) Virendra Sehwag
35. Which is the oldest Veda?
36. Who was the founder of Pakistan ?
(A) Mohammad Ali Jinna
(B) Liyaquat AIi Khan
(C) Gaffar Khan
(D) Benazir Bhutto
37. Who invented television?
(A)J. L. Baird
(B) Lawrance -
(C) Frederick Trechithic
(D) King Gillette
38. Who invented wireless?
39. Which of the following was the battle strategy of Shivaji against
(A) Alert army
(B) Large army
(C) Political monopoly
(D) Guerilla warfare
40. Find out the next term of the series?
41. Which of the following cities is termed as the Pink city?
42. Who wrote the Meghdoot?*
43. Which of the following is a creation of Maithili-Sharan Gupta?
44. Which is the longest railway line of the world?
(C) Orient Railway line
(D) Railway line from London to Paris
45. Which of the following states has the highest number of voters?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
1 B 2 B 3 A 4 C 5 A 6 D 7 B 8 A
9 A 10 C 11 A 12 C 13 C 14 B 15 D
16 C 17 A
18 B 19 D 20 A 21 D 22 B 23 B 24 D 25 C 26 B
27 D 28 D 29 A 30 B 31 B 32 D
33 C 34 C 35 B 36 A 37 A 38 A 39 D
40 A 41 A 42 A 43 A 44 A 45 A .