MBT PLACEMENT PAPER (APTITUDE)
1. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes
downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the stream ?
(a) 13 km/hr
(b) 26 km/hr
(c) 34 km/hr
(d) none of these
2. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.075 + 0.01)
3. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster
than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
(a) 3 days
(b) 8/9 days
(c) 4 days
(d) can't say
4. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey, during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5
hrs.What is the distance traveled
(a) 210 kms
(b) 30 kms
(c) 20 kms
(c) none of these
5. Instead of multiplying a number by 7, the number is divided by 7. What is the percentage of error obtained ?
6. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(d) data insufficient
7. A man buys 12 liter of liquid which contains 20% of the liquid and the
rest is water. He then mixes it with 10 liter of another mixture with 30% of liquid. What
is the % of water in the new mixture?
8. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of
9. Pipe A can fill a tank in 30 minutes and Pipe B can fill it in 28 mintues
3/4th of the tank is filled by Pipe B alone and both are opened, how much time is required
by both the pipes to fill the tank completely ?
10. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit
11. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days
more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(a) 110 men
(b) 130 men
(c) 100 men
(d) none of these
12. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(a) Rs. 500
(b) Rs. 600
(c) Rs. 800
(d) Rs. 900
13. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years
will it become 9 times itself.
14. Two trains move in the same direction at 50 kmph and 32 kmph respectively. A man in the slower train
observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes by him.
What is the length of faster train ?
15. How many mashes are there in 1 square meter of wire gauge if each mesh is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
16. x% of y is y% of ?
(d) can't be determined
17. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure
on sugar can be same as before ?
18. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits
the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(d) Rs. 900