Paper : Campus Placement Papers MBT
1. Which of the following statement(s) is(are) not true
a. Literate workers have small families than illiterate workers.
b. Families with 2 or less than 2 children are commoner than families with 3 or more children.
c. 2 children families constitute 60% of the families of workers.
d. More the no. of children a worker has the more illiterate he is.
e. None the above statement is true.
Ans : e
2. ......of a mutual instrument vibrate 6,8 & 12 intervals respectively. If all three vibrate together what is the time
interval before all vibrate together again? LCM of NR
Ans : 1/2 sec
3. Certain no. of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the
work to be finished. How many men were there originally.
Ans : 110 men
4. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years.
Ans : Rs.800/-
5. Sum of money at compound interest amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years
will it take 9 times itself.
Ans : 6
7. Two trains in the same direction at 50 & 32 kmph respectively. A man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes him.
What is the length of faster train ?
Ans : 75m
8. How many mashes are there in a sq. m of wire gauge. Each mesh being 8mm long X 5mm width
Ans : 25000
9. x% of y is y% of ?
Ans : x
10. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % house-wife should reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before
Ans : 16.66
11. A man spending half of his salary for house hold expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, a man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50. What is his monthly salary ?
Ans : 1000
12. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. That is an additioanl annual increase of 4% of the population due to this influx of job seekers, the % increase in population after 2 years is
13. The ratio of no. of boys & girls in a school is 3:2 Out of these ?% the boys & 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students who are not scholarship holders.?
14. 15 Men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs. each would do if 21 women take. If 3 women do as much work of 2 men.
Ans : 30
15. a cylinder ingot 6cms in diameter and 6 cms in height is and spheres all of the same
size are made from the material obtained.what is the diameter of each sphere?
16. rectangular plank of sqrt(2)meters wide can be placed so that it is on either side of the diagonal of a square shown below.what is the area of the plank?
17. the difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and the simple interest on a
certain sum cont out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25 what is the sum
18. what is the smallest n0 by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it a perfect square ?
a)3 b)4 c)5 d) 6 e)8
Ans : c
19.a father is 30 times more than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son
what is father's present age ?
Ans : 40
20. An article sold at a profit of 20% if both the c.p & s.p were to be Rs.20/- the profit would be 10% more. What is the c.p of that article?
Ans : 1% loss