(Interview) Important Interview Questions (Network, Testing, Technical and C, C++)
Important Interview Questions (Network, Testing, Technical and C, C++)
- Why paging is used ?
- Which is the best page replacement algo and Why ?
- WHat is software life cycle ?
- How much time is spent usually in each phases and why ?
- What is testing ?
- Which are the different types of testing ?
- Which are the different phases in Software life cycle (asked again)
- Why is analysis and testing phases very important ?
- Why networks are layered ? What is the advantage of that ?
- How many layers are there in OSI ? Why is it called OSI model ?
- Network topologies ?
- Which are the different network toplogies ?
- An example of bus type network.
- What is the Bandwidth of ethernet ?
- Explain the advantage and disadvantage of ethernet ?
- Which is the protocol used in ethernet. (CSMA/CD) Why is it called so ?
- What is the advantage of Ring network ?
Compare it with ethernet.
- What is inheritance, encapsulation etc.
- If there are too many page faults what is the problem?
- To ensure one pgm. doesnt corrupt other pgm. in a Multipgm. enviornment
- What you should do?
- Which one you will use to implement critical section? Binary Semaphore
- Which one is not needed for Multipgm. enviornment?
- Options are: virtual memory,security,time sharing,none of the above.
- Which one is not done by Data link layer ? bit stuffing, LRC,CRC,parity
- Which one is not related to Data link layer?
- Which one is not suitable for clientserver application? tcp/ip,message
passing,rpc,none of the above.
- Term stickily bit is related to
a)kernel b)undeletable file
c)deletable file d)none
- Semaphore variable is different from ordinary variable by ?
- Unix system is
b)multi processing ,multiuser
c)multi processing ,multiuser,multitasking
- x.25 protocol encapsulates the follwing layers
d)all of the above
e)none of the above
- TCP/IP can work on
- A node has the ip address 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.But it is
transmitting data from node1 to node2only. The reason may be
a)a node cannot have more than one address
b)class A should have second octet different
c)classB " " " " "
- The OSI layer from bottom to top for an application which exceeds 64k
the memory model should be
- The condition required for dead lock in unix sustem is
Setuserid is related to (in unix)
- Wrong statement about c++
b)encapsulation of data and code
c)program easy maintenance
d)program runs faster
- Which is true
a)bridge connects dissimiler LAN and protocol insensitive
b)router " " " " "
c)gateway " " " " "
d)none of the above
- const char *
char * const
What is the differnce between the above two?.
- About fork()?
- About send message and post message
- Message to limit the size of window
- System call executable binary file intoa process
- About GDI object?.
- API used to hide window
- Initialize contents of a dialog?.
C SKILL SET:-
- How do you write a program which produces its own source code as
- How can I find the day of the week given the date?
- Why doesn't C have nested functions?
- What is the most efficient way to count the number of bits which
are set in a value?
- How can I convert integers to binary or hexadecimal?
- How can I call a function, given its name as a string?
- How do I access commandline arguments?
- How can I return multiple values from a function?
- How can I invoke another program from within a C program?
- How can I access memory located at a certain address?
- How can I allocate arrays or structures bigger than 64K?
- How can I find out how much memory is available?
- How can I read a directory in a C program?
- How can I increase the allowable number of simultaneously open
- What's wrong with the call "fopen("c:\newdir\file.dat", "r")"?