Campus Placement Papers Infosys (Part -4)
66. A lady was out for shopping. she spent half of her money in buying A and
gave 1 doller to bagger. futher she spent half of her remaining money and gave 2
doller to charity. futher she spent half of remaining money n gave 3 dollor to
some childrans. now she has left with 1 doller. how much she had in the
67. There are certain diamonds in a shop.
1 thief stole half of diamonds and 2 more.
2 thief stole half of remaining and 2 more
3. same as above
4 same as above.
5 came nothing was left for that.
how many dimands was there???
Ans 60 diamonds
68. There are three frens A B C.
1. Either A or B is oldest
2. Either C is oldest or A is youngest.
Who is Youngest and who is Oldest?
Ans A is youngest n B is oldest.
69. Father says my son is five times older than my daughter. my wife is 5 times
older that my son. I am twice old from my wife and altogether (sum of our ages)
is equal to my mother 's age and she is celebrating her 81 birthday. so what is
my son's age?
Ans - 5 years.
70.. In Mulund, the shoe store is closed every Monday, the boutique is closed
every Tuesday, the grocery store is closed every Thursday and the bank is open
only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Everything is closed on Sunday.
One day A, B, C and D went shopping together, each with a different place to go.
They made the following statements:
A D and I wanted to go earlier in the week but there wasn?t day when we could
both take care of our errands.
B I did not want to come today but tomorrow I will not be able to do what I want
C I could have gone yesterday or the day before just as well as today.
D Either yesterday or tomorrow would have suited me.
Which place did each person visit ?
71. Fodder, pepsi and cereale often eat dinner out.
each orders either coffee or tea after dinner. if fodder orders coffee, then
pepsi orders the drink that cereale orders if pepsi orders coffee, then fodder
orders the drink that cereale doesnot oder if cereale orders tea, then fodder
orders the drink that pepsi orders which person/persons always orders the same
drink after dinner ?
72. At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. Aged
1,2,3 and 4. from the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and
their relevant ages ?
It was jane?s child?s birthday party.
Brian is not the oldest child.
Sarah had Anne just over a year ago.
Laura?s Child will be next birthday.
Daniel is older than Charlie is.
Teresa?s child is the oldest.
Charlie is older than Laura?s child.
Ans: Jane ? Charlie -3
Laura ? Brian ? 2
Teresa ? Daniel ? 4
Sarah ? Anne - 1
73. We are given 100 pieces of a puzzle. If fixing two components together is
counted as 1 move ( a component can be one piece or an already fixed set of
pieces), how many moves do we need to fix the entire puzzle.
74. Two guys work at some speed...After some time one guy realises he has done
only half of the other guy completed which is equal to half of what is left !!!
#$%#$ So how much faster than the other is this guy supposed to do to finish
with the first.
Ans: one and half times or 3/2
75. There is a square cabbage patch.He told his sister that i have a larger
patch than last year and hence more cabbages thios year.Then how many cabbages i
have this year.?
76. There are three guesses on the color of a mule
1 says:itz not black
2 says:itz brown or grey
3 says: itz brown
Atlest one of them is wrong and one of them is true.....Then whatz the color of
77. Jim,Bud and sam were rounded up by the police yesterday. because one of them
was suspected of having robbed the local bank. The three suspects made
the following statements under intensive questioning.
Jim: I'm innocent
Bud: I'm innocent
Sam: Bud is the guilty one.
If only one of the statements turned out to be true, who robbed the bank?
78. There are two containers on a table. A and B . A is half full of wine, while
B, which is twice A's size, is onequarter full of wine . Both containers are
filled with water and the contents are poured into a third container C. What
portion of container C's mixture is wine ?
79. A man was on his way to a marriage in a car with a constant speed. After 2
hours one of the tier is punctured and it took 10 minutes to replace it. After
that they traveled with a speed of 30 miles/hr and reached the marriage 30
minutes late to the scheduled time. The driver told that they would be late by
15 minutes only if the 10 minutes was not waste.
Find the distance between the two towns?
Ans: 120 miles
80. A bargainhunter bought some plates for $ 1.30 from a sale on saturday,where
price 2cents was marked off at each article .On monday she went to return them
at regular prices,and bought some cups and saucers from that much amount of
money only.the normal price of plate were equal to the price of 'one cup and one
In total she bought 16 items more than previous. saucers were only of 3 cents
hence she brought 10 saucers more than the cups, How many cups and saucers she
bought and at what price?
Ans: 8,18 Price: 12,3.
81. Mr. T has a wrong weighing pan.One arm is lengthier than other.1 kilogram on
left balances 8 melons on right.1 kilogram on right balances 2 melons on left.If
all melons are equal in weight,what is the weight of a single melon?
82. A card boarb of 34 * 14 has to be attached to a wooden box and a total of 35
pins are to be used on the each side of the cardbox.Find the total number of
pins used .