IISc Bangalore, Summer Internship Program - 2011
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science offers summer internship for bright and motivated second year or third year
B.E./B.Tech(Civil Engineering) students. The program aims at motivating and promoting the culture of research at the undergraduate level in the Civil Engineering discipline. This
progrmme is sponsored by the University Grant Commission, Govt. of India.The selected student is expected to work for a minimum duration of six weeks and
programme could extend up to about twelve weeks depending on the individual progress and circumstances.The trainees are expected to avail the internship
preferably during May-July 2011 and specific requests for any changes to suit academic calenders would be considered on case by case basis.
Highlights of Program:
- Mini Project in IISc
- Meeting Young Researchers in the Department
- Visits to modern research facilities in the Department and Institute
- Participating in Department and Institute seminars and lectures during the stay.
- To motivate and facilitate students to take up the research work at the undergraduate level.
- To create an opportunity for UG students to meet and exchange ideas with the faculty members of the department.
Eligibility and Selection criteria:
- Undergraduate Students in second or third year B.E./B.Tech (Civil Engineering) are eligible to apply.
- Selection will be based on the scholastic record of the student in 10th and 12th classes, percentage (or TGPA) obtained so far in B.E./ B.Tech and a brief
Stipend, Travel and Accommodation:
Stipend of Rs.3000 per month on prorata basis and a contingency up to Rs.1000 for academic expenses will be paid to selected students after successful
completion of assigned work. No travel and daily allowances are admissible in this program. Presently we are not in a position to arrange for accommodation for the trainees.
- Last date for receipt of completed application form:
28th February 2011
- Announcement of selection: 15th March 2011
NOTE: Please fill in all the details and submit it to
summer(at)civil.iisc.ernet.in by email before 28th February 2011.
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560012, India
Telephone: +91 80 2293 2323 / 2324
Fax : +91 80 2360 0404