: IBM Placement Paper
(Aptitude And Technical)
Aptitude 2. Technical
Time : 60 mins
1. like 3 consecutive prime adds to some no what is that
Ans:- both 49 and 59.
2. one person travlled 4 laps with the speed of 10,20,40 ( or 30) and 60 kmph and what is the average speed.
Ans:- 20 (sure)
3.like one student takes 20 mins if he go with speed 15kmph and at what speed he
should go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
Ans:- 16kmph( but not sure)
9.like from height of 8 mts on ball fell down and each time it bounces half the distance back. so what will be the distance travelled
Ans:- 24 (sure) like 8+4+4+2+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+ and etc ..
answer is not 20
10.like 6 cubes are arranged adjacently and given the perimeter and asked to find the perimeter of one cube.
Ans:- if x is the total perimeter then (x/14)*4 leads to the answer.
but check it once u will be having plenty of time. answer is 52 (13*4)
11. some data is given like this 10kmph in still water ship took some x mins and
downstream some y mins in same time what is the stream value .... (q is not exat)
Ans:- 3 (not sure)
12.some average problem like 16 students average weight and teacher joins them
Ans:- 23 (sure) do this (16x+40)/(x+1) will give the value.
13. some problem on square like to increase area by 69% by what percent side
should be increased
Ans:- square root of 169 i.e 13 ( not sure)
14. no of rational nos b/w 0 and 5
15. First day of 1999 is Sunday what day is the last day
16.bullets probel some x no of bullets are shared by 3 people equally . and each
fired 4 bullets then the sum of remaining bullets is equal to intially divsion value
Ans:- 18 (sure)
17. bread problem, one come and eat half no of breads and somthing...
Ans:- 63( check it)
18. like A can do in 6 day and B can do in 8 and C can do in 12 days but b left
after working for 6 days for how many no of day A and C shluld work
Ans:- 11( i dont think so this is correct)
1. what is vector processing
Ans:- i dont no
2. what is data integrity
Ans:- option a ( like the range of values is defined by data integrity)
3.which topology takes minimum wiring
options: star,bus,ring and complete etc
Ans:- find it from network text book ( may be bus or ring)
4.best sorting if elements are already sorted
Ans:- insertion sort(sure)
5.software configuration management -----
Ans:- option a ( but check it from SE text book there are only 2 confusing
6.In network the packers are flowing unnecessarly what is the way to control
it and ....
options: SNMP, and some i dont remember.
7.some octal no to decimal conversion
for given octal no the last digit was 7
Ans:- the option a ( the decimal last digit was 1)
8.x-=y+1 is equivalant to
Ans:- x=x-y-1 (sure) because it is interpreted as x=x-(y+1)
9. in a student form what is the relationship b/w student and course
Ans:- actually it is many to one but they specified in a student form
so think and write.
10.which is correct to append the ouput of ls and who to some file x.
Ans:- (who;ls)>>x (check it)
11.what is trigger in DBMS (know what it will do)
12.what happens when we open a file in r+ mode like whether file will be created if it s not there can we write to file ...
13. what is ROM
Ans:- it contains boot up program and it is not accesible
that was one answer and anothe option was it is non volatile ( choose one among these 2)
14. what is int (*a)
Ans:- pointer to an array of 4 integer (check it)
15. primary key of anothe table is present and so on..........
Ans:- foreign key
16. what is the diffirenece b/w 0123 and 123 in c?
17. which among the devices is spooled device
18. if u get error in adapter which device will u use?
Ans:- contact electronics student. one of the option was voltometer.
19. which is the real time application