Placement Paper Feb-2004 (Verbal, General Awareness & Technical)
1. Synonym: pontificate. (Talk in a
dogmatic and pompous manner)
2. Antonym: loquacious. (Means Full of
3. Analogies: Whiff: scent Birds:
anthropology (doubtful) Generator: Current. vacilliate
:resolution as diobey :order…
4. odd man out:
iconoclast,hyperbole,exaggeration amused ,bemused, preoccupied
3. Montagu-chelmsford reforms
4. How can you remove the president from
5. Minimum age for a person to be eligible
to become a president.
6. Who can preside over the meetings of
both the sabhas but still cannot vote?
7. regional army command is commanded by
8. strength of defenc epersonal is 10
9. mirage 2000 aircraft is from which
10. broad gauge 1.67m,2m,1.83m
11. production of steam locomotives
stopped from year
12. first presidensy ban in which
13. export import bank started in yr
14. what % of Re,1 coins in Indian
15. what earns more foreign
16. strength of Indian army.
17. who commands the regional army.
18. mirage bought from ans:
19. inflation occurs due to (increase in
20. from where
get max for exchange.(jute,iron steel,sugar,tea)
21. % of 1 rupee coin in total Indian
1.Which of the following uses consumable
electrodes.(I believe the options were MIG,TIG and stuff like that)
2.Alloy used in the manufacture of
3. Uses of superconductors.
4.Four questions from IC engines :
a. For a given compression ratio the
efficiency of Otto cycle>Diesel cycle.(Is this right?)
b. Turning moment diagram for compression
stroke of IC engine.
5. What path does double slider crank
mechanism follows. (Check if it is Elliptical).
6.Ratio between Brake horse power to the
7. Two emfs E1 and E2 are given. Among two
lengths one is given. Be clear with the relation between ratio of emfs to the