Capgemini Placement Papper Pattern
Capgemini has generally 2-3 sets of question booklets but
still try to appear in the second batch. Paper has 3 sections.
1.Quantitative 25 ques
2. Analytical 30 ques
3. Verbal ques 25 ques
The most easy section is the verbal section. Just prepare Barrons well. One or the other unsolved test papers of Barron's are replicated
as it is in the papers...that means antonyms, synonyms, sentence correction ..
fill in the blanks words like gaffe, contentious, altrustic, belligerent....
Quantative is so so ..i mean 60 % is easy and rest is a bit tough...go thru the
geometric theorms, formulas, quadriatic and linera section well.
Analytical is the most tricker one..it's very tempting bcoz 1 paragraph may fetch you 4 correct answers...puzzles..all puzzles like
1 speaks french b speaks chinesse and english..c speaks french and ... so arrange them in a comfortable position so that they can
converse with each other...other question's like a heavier then b, m heavier then i and j , k lighter then d who is d heaviest ?? so
on..... 15 question's are easy but very time consuming and rest questions although seem to be easy but try avoiding to attempt all
questions coz that will eat up all your time unless you are very good at analytical.....
Total questions 80
Total time 90 min's
NO UPPER CUT OFF
They say that there is no sectional cut off but still they have minimum 5 5 8 questions..
Placement Paper and Interview
1. Find min value of fn:
|-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x is an integer
2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr,2.5 in 2nd,
3 in rd. n so on?when will they meet i in 7 hrs ii at 35 kms from A
iii in 10 hrs iv midway
4. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense 2190/-.2760/- on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%
6. in a 2 digit no unit?s place is halved and tens place is doubled.diff bet the nos
is 37.digit in unit?s place is 2 more than tens place.
7. if x-y + z = 19 , y + z =20 , x-z=3 , find d value of x+4y-5z
8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
9. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp?s A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of
20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr?
10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
11. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d
12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius and height of the
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
13. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order
14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how old will B be?
15. Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in 6hrs and if speed of stream was ? of boat in still water. Find dist PQ
16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
2kg / 2.4kg / 2.5kg /none
17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2, 3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
144 / 168 / 192 / none
18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min no. of such bags reqd
10 / 17 / 15 / none
19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0 miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, who?ll finish 1st
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
21. A man engaged a servant on a condn that he?ll pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is
i. Rs 10 / 19 / 0 / 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first tym?
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
Direction for Qn 1-8
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
1. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of day
2. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakash?s mothers age is 3yrs less than his father?s
3. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
4. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
5. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDP?s of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
6. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
7. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
8. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9-12
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played against each other. The top teams played finals. A win fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in the finals
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
9. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
10. Who won the finals?
iv. Can?t be determined
11. How many matches did India Win?
iv. can?t be determined
12. What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won
ii. England won
iii. It was a tie
iv. Can?t be determined
Direction for Qn 13-14
These qns are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart as possible
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
13. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the table?
14. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A
ii. B & D
iii. C & F
iv. G & D
Direction for Qn 15-18
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window.
Mr D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs.
15. The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H
ii. Mr. M
iii. Mr. T
iv. Mr. D
16. The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4
ii. 2 3 6
iii. 1 2 3
iv. 1 2 3
17. The ideal office for Mr. M would be
18. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss H?s office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Direction for Qn 19-20
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ?ve if p is ?ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ?ve if p is ?ve
19. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKY(2), WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
20. The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0.>
iii. x + y
Direction for Qn 21-23
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
21. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one of the foll. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
22. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the foll is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
23. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the foll. is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii. R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv. P and R together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Qn 24-25
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ? as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
24. What is sufficient to estimate Elle?s age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
25. Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elle?s age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
for GD they had asked to select ur own topic and give 5 min for that show ur participation there also that will help u to fatch some more marks
plz don?t select any easy topic like ?dowry system?, ?dress codes in collg? etc.
because this gonna select only 1or 2 candidate from ur group so try to take some good topic so that max can get cleared the GD