Campus Placement Paper (Aptitude)
There are six steps
that lead from the first to the second floor. No two people can be on the same
1. If Mr. A is on the first step, Which of
the following is true?(a) Mr. B is on the second step(b) Mr. C is on the fourth step.(c) A person Mr. E, could be on the third
step(d) Mr. D is on higher step than Mr. C.
2. If Mr. E was on the third step &
Mr. B was on a higher step than Mr. E which step must be vacant(a) step 1(b) step 2(c) step 4(d) step 5(e) step 6
3. If Mr. B was on step 1, which step
could A be on?(a) 2&e only(b) 3&5 only(c) 3&4 only(d) 4&5 only(e) 2&4 only
4. If there were two steps between the
step that A was standing and the step that B was standing on, and A was on a
higher step than D , A must be on step
(a) 2(b) 3(c) 4(d) 5(e) 6
5. Which of the following is false
i. B&D can be both on odd-numbered
steps in one configurationii. In a particular configuration A and C
must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even-numbered stepsiii. A person E can be on a step next to
the vacant step.
(a) i only(b) ii only(c) iii only(d) both i and iii
Directions for questions 6-9: The
questions are based on the information given below
Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a
race. The outcome is as follows.i. B does not win.ii. Only two swimmers separate E & Diii. A is behind D & Eiv. B is ahead of E , with one swimmer
interveningv. F is a head of D
6. Who stood fifth in the race ?(a) A(b) B(c) C(d) D(e) E
7. How many swimmers separate A and F ?(a) 1(b) 2(c) 3(d) 4(e) cannot be determined
8. The swimmer between C & E is(a) none(b) F(c) D(d) B(e) A
9. If the end of the race, swimmer D is
disqualified by the Judges then swimmer B finishes in which place(a) 1(b) 2(c) 3(d) 4(e) 5
Directions for questions 10-14: The
questions are based on the information given below
Five houses lettered A,B,C,D, & E are
built in a row next to each other. The houses are lined up in the order A,B,C,D,
& E. Each of the five houses has a colored chimney. The roof and chimney of
each housemust be painted as follows.i. The roof must be painted either
green,red ,or yellow.ii. The chimney must be painted either
white, black, or red.iii. No house may have the same color
chimney as the color of roof.iv. No house may use any of the same
colors that the every next house uses.v. House E has a green roof.vi. House B has a red roof and a black
10. Which of the following is true ?(a) At least two houses have black
chimney.(b) At least two houses have red roofs.(c) At least two houses have white
chimneys(d) At least two houses have green roofs(e) At least two houses have yellow roofs
11. Which must be false ?(a) House A has a yellow roof(b) House A & C have different color
chimney(c) House D has a black chimney(d) House E has a white chimney(e) House B&D have the same color
12. If house C has a yellow roof. Which
must be true.(a) House E has a white chimney(b) House E has a black chimney(c) House E has a red chimney(d) House D has a red chimney(e) House C has a black chimney
13. Which possible combinations of roof
& chimney can houseI. A red roof 7 a black chimneyII. A yellow roof & a red chimneyIII. A yellow roof & a black chimney
(a) I only(b) II only(c) III only(d) I & II only(e) I&II&III
14. What is the maximum total number of
green roofs for houses(a) 1(b) 2(c) 3(d) 4(e) 5
Note: The questions from 15-27 are
multiple choice in the paper
15. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes.
If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
Ans 5c1/ 9c1
16. What is the selling price of a car? If
the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
Ans: Rs 66/-
17. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to
canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
18. The price of a product is reduced by
30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
19. There is a square of side 6cm . A
circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant ( No one standing
on that step )
Denote the first step by step 1 and second
step by step 2 etc.
20. There are two
candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of
six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two
candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice
the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
21. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
22. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
23. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it
the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
24. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If
the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
25. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green
shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red
26. To 15 lts of water containing 20%
alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
Ans : 15%
27. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full
days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount
paid for that worker ?
Ans : 57.50
28. If the value of x lies between 0 &
1 which of the following is the largest?
(a) x(b) x2(c) -x(d) 1/x
Ans : (d)