Wipro Paper (Verbal
It consists of 3 rounds.
1. Written test
2. Technical interview
3. HR interview.
Written test: It consists of 50Q and the duration is 1
15Q from verbal
( Topics: active voice & passive
voice, reported speech, phrases, one word substitute, synonym, jumbled word,
15Q from aptitude
(Topics: Blood relations, number series,
conclusion from the paragraph, time& work, time distance, theme of the
paragraph, boats & streams, avg, clocks, directions)
20Q from technical
( Ttopics: C (3), DS(3), general(2),
DBMS, OS, unix, networks)
1. convert the following sentence into indirect speech She said, ?I
lived here for many years?.
Ans: She said that she had been living there for many
2. convert the following sentence into passive voice Will the postman post
Ans: Will the letters be posted by the postman.
3. what is the meaning of the phrase ? Stuck between the two guns?
Ans: firm with the attitude and don?t bent your
4. In the following options what is the best phrase which replaces the
underlind phrase in the given sentence. Children must have to be take care
while crossing the roads.
A) should have to be
B) must be
C) have to be
D) should be
5. What we call the person who ? chatter continuously and unintelligently?
6. In a sentence the word known as stumbling is underlined and asked what is
similar word (lurching)
7. A jumbled word known as L O R F S H U I If the word is arranged in
correct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 order then what will be the order of number (
Flourish ? 4 1 2 7 3 8 5 6).
8. Question about Punctuation mark.
One RC was given on the topic of extra terrestrial
life ( 5Q).( It will become easy if u go through the ques) Wipro (Aptitude
1. There is a family of six persons P,Q,R,S,T and U.They are Lawyer, Doctor,
Teacher, Salesman,Engineer and Accountant. There are two married couples in
the family. S, the salesman is married to the Lady Teacher. The Doctor is
married to the Lawyer U, The Accountant is the son of Q and brother of T.
R, the Lawyer is the daughter-in-law of P. T is the unmarried Engineer. P
is the Grandmother of U. Which is the profession of P?
3. There are 6 volumes of books on a rack kept in order(i.e vol.1, vol.2 and
so on). Give the position after the following changes were noticed.
All books have been changed.
vol.5 was directly to the right of vol.2.
vol.4 has vol.6 to its left and both weren t at vol.3 s place.
vol.1 has vol.3 on right and vol.5 on left.
An even numbered volume is at vol.5 s place.
Find the order in which the books are kept now.
4.Examine carefully the following sequence of numbers:
Hint: ( in first row one 1, in 2nd row two
1s, in 3rd row one 1,???..
Although the sequence appear to behave totally at random, In fact , after the
first sequence, each sequence is constructed in a precise and methodical way
based on the previous one. What is the next sequence?
I) C is father of N but N is not son of C.
II) M is daughter of B and sister of P.
III) P is brother of N.
Which of the following is can not be inferred from the information
a) N is brother of P
b) B has three children
c) N is younger to P
d) B has
6. Divide 30 by half and add 10. what is the new number
7. theme detection of a paragraph.( sorry I didn?t the remember the
8. one problem on volumes
9. A wire of length 42c.m. is made into the form a rectangle such that the width
is double the length.Then what are the values of length and width
respectively ( 7,14).
10. two trains are traveling from point A to point B such that the speed of
first train is 65kmph and the speed of 2nd train is 29kmph. What is the
distance b/w A&B such that the slower train reached 5hrs late compared
to the faster train.
11. A motorboat whose speed is 15kmph in still water goes 30kmph downstream and
comes back in a total of 4hrs 30min. the speed of the stream in kmph is (5kmph).
1. what is the most commonly used display device in monitors. (CRT).
What is the value of j at the end of the loop. (9);
3. What is the output of the program
4. # define Max( if (x<y), printf(?x is greater than y))else;
printf( ? x is not greater than y?);
( Iam not sure about the Q, but the ans is compile time error);
5. 1Q on pointers like a then how can u represent the valu of a
by using pointers. ( *((a+2)+1) . Iam not sure about the ans).
6. what is wrong about stacks ( Ans is ? Stack is referred to as fifo?);
7. In worst case Quick sort becomes which sort (Bouble sort)
8. one Q on the conversion of infix to prefix expression like ((A-B)*(C+D))/(F-G)
Some Qs. On : -
Verbal(7 to 9)
I got call from the interviewer at 8 P.M.. The technical interview was very
cool and friendly and he made me to feel free. But you must express your views
He never expect any technical skill from u . He just see your communication
skills and your confidence. And at the same time you must perfect with ur
resume. He definitely ask Q about ur resume only. You must perfect in one of ur
favorite sub and C. The Q I faced are as follows.
? What is the purpose of C
? What is pointer
? What is the difference b/w structure and union
? About my mini project and about my paper presentation
? What is DSP( my core subj) applications of DSP
? What are ASICs, EX of ASIC.
? Draw a flowchat of activities about what had you done from the morning of
After completion of TI he will give u application form and told u to go to the
1. Can you explain about ur name.I talked 2min about my name
2. about my hobbies
3. Why should we hire u.