Company Name: Areva T&D
Type : Fresher
- First Round is written
- Second is Group Discuss.
- Last Personal Interview
Written Test From Electrical
1) Why breather is used in transformer?
2) Why transformer core is laminated?
3) Which is odd?
4) Gave a series what is the next
number?(difference) Transient current is due to what? (energy change in l,c)
5) Which is active?
- Current Power
6) Which is a Standard cell?
7) If There is One or More Sources of emf
then it is ?
- Non linear
8) Least Specific Resistance?
9) Which Motor For Traction Purposes?
10) Which Motor For Blowers?
11) In Resistance welding what is the
- Small Lag to Unity,
- Small Lead to Unity,
12) Eddy Current Loss in Transformer is
13) Power factor in Transformer?
14) Wind energy ?
- Easily Available,
- Renewable Dependant on Power of wind,
- High Cost,
- All the above
15) Shaded Pole Motor Uses
16) Distribution Transformer Efficiency
is High at Which
- 100% Load
- 75% Load
- 50% Load
17) Why Conductors are Stranded?
- To Increase Strength
- To Increase emf,
18) Single Busbar is used because
- Low cost
- Not able to maintain without switching
19) Able to clear fault without
20) Good Conductor Means ?. Relation
Between Conduction Current and Displacement Current?
21) Dielectric Loss in Ferrite?
22) When Fault Occurs Impedance will be?
23) Electrostatic Voltmeter scale is?
- Non Uniform,
- Any Thing
24) Which is Faster?
- Induction relay,
- Moving Coil Relay
25) Why Safety Resistor in ohmmeter?
26) If Electron is Removed From it
- No Change
26) Computer Understands which language?
27) Computer CPU Contains?
28) Why External Resistance is Used in
29) Arching Horns Rating are Based on?
Exam/Interview Date: 09.09.2011
No of Rounds : Screeing Test
Contributor Name: Harish