Recruitment of Engineering Executive Trainees at NTPC Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi: Oct., 2011
Advertisement No. 05/2011
NTPC Limited, India‚Äôs largest power company with an installed capacity of 34,845 MW is presently operating 15 coal based, 7 gas based power stations and 6 Joint Ventures Companies. NTPC contributed around 1/3rd of the country‚Äôs entire power generation during the year 2010-11 and plans to become a 128 GW power company by 2032. NTPC is powering ahead by diversifying its portfolio to emerge as an integrated power major with presence across the entire energy value chain. A Maharatna and one of the most reputed company, NTPC has won many prestigious awards and is amongst the best employers in the country.
Engineering Executive Trainees
Total Posts: 300
Salary: NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900/- during one-year training. These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Engineer / Officer in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650/-.Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Dearness Allowance and will also be entitled for other perquisites & allowances under cafeteria approach. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to time during training / after absorption.
Qualification: Full time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology/AMIE with not less than 65% marks, taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Final year/semester students are also eligible however they have to obtain at least 65% marks in their engineering degree. A candidate with the prescribed degree identified for the discipline as given below can only apply for the post of EETs in the respective disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
Age Limit: Upper Age limit is 27 years as on 01.01.2012 i.e. candidates born before 01.01.85 need not apply.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2012. Based on the GATE-2012 score and requirement, candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
How To Apply
- GATE-2012 is scheduled on 12th February 2012. For detailed information on GATE-2012, interested candidates may log on to www.iitd.ac.in/gate or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to apply Online for GATE as per the information provided on the websites. They should wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2012 Registration Number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to on-line for NTPC ET-2012 on the website www.ntpccareers.net from 6th January-2012 till 26th January-2012.
- While applying Online, candidate should keep the scanned copy of their passport size colour photograph, their signature and SC, ST and Disability certificate (if applicable) in JPEG format of not more than 500 KB size each.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2012 registration number. After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Application Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Application slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.
- Please ensure that the GATE registration number, which is mentioned on your GATE Admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE Admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the application is submitted successfully.
- Commencement of Online application for GATE- 2012: 12.09.2011 (Monday)
- Last date of online application for GATE-2012: 17.10.2011 (Monday)
- Commencement of online Registration of application by candidates 06.01.2012 (Friday) 1300 Hours
- Last date for online registration of application by candidates 26.01.2012 (Thursday) Midnight
- GATE-2012 12.02.2012 (Sunday)