- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
TCS PlacementPaper Online Test
TCS on line test ? 27th Aug 2004
The test was divided in three sections as:
1. Verbal reasoning (20 min - 32 Qs )
2. Quantitative aptitude (40 min ? 36 Qs) 3. Critical reasoning (30 min - 3 passages - 12 Qs)
No Sectional Cut off.
No Negative Marks.
No Psychometric Test was there for us.
Appearance of Psychometric means you cleared the test.
1. Verbal reasoning: (20 min 32 Qs)
Antonyms and Synonyms: (20) (I don?t remember which were for antonyms and which were for synonym)
Next was fill lines in the gaps: (7 Qs)
There were 7 gaps to be filled in with lines in a passage given.
Passage was regarding fossil Fuel and Solar energy.
Next was given a passage regarding racial discrimination (blacks) prevailing in America. There were 5 Qs like - suggest the title for the passage?
1. GRE Barron will be helpful.
2. Be very much concerned for time. ( I was not able to attempt passage properly)
2. Quantitative Aptitude: (40 min 36 Qs)
1. A series question. Very simple as 16 19 15 ? 14 21 (don?t remember exactly)
2. ACUTE is coded as ZBTSD then DMFBS stand for. ANS: CLEAR
3. In the following string find the occurrences of F followed by U but that is not followed by R.
U F R U F D D Y W Z U U F F...............
4. WHAT IS THE LARGEST PRIME NO THAT IS STORED IN 6
5.WHICH WILL GIVE GOOD STANDARD DEVIATION
1. (7,0,-7,0,7) 2. (7,-7,7,-7,7) 3. (1,0,-1,0,1)
6. WHICH IS NOT A SIDE OF A RECTANGULAR
1. (2m, 3m, 4m ) 2. (3m, 4m, 7m ) 3. (3m, 5m, 9m )
7.WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES
OF X ,Y
8. WHICH EQUATION THAT BEST SUITS THIS CURVE A LINE CUTS X AT -1 WHEN Y=0 AND X=0 WHEN Y=3 AND GOES UPWARD
9. A MAN , WOMAN AND A BOY JOINDLY DID A JOB IN 6
DAYS. A MAN ALONE FINISHES IN 10 DAYS, A WOMEN ALONE
FINISH IN 24 DAYS. THEN HOW MANY DAYS THE BOY CAN
TAKE TO FINSH?
10. FOR TEMPERATURE A FUNCTION IS GIVEN ACCORDING TO
TIME : ((t**2)/6) + 4t +12 WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE RISE OR FALL BETWEEN 6.PM TO 9 PM
11. AN AEROPLANE STARTS FROM A (SOME LATITUDE IS GIVEN
ACCORDING TO PLACE)AT 2 AM LOCAL TIME TO B(SOME LATITUDE). TRAVELLLING TIME IS 10 HOURS. WHAT IS THE LOCAL TIME OF B WHEN IT REACHES B.
12. A FILE IS TRANSFERRED FROM A PLACE TO ADESTINATION CAPABLE OF 10 KB. THEY GIVEN SOME RATE OF TRANSFER. U HAVE FIND A EQUATION THAT BEST SUIT THIS.
13. IN A PLANAR CUBE , THE NO. OF VERTICES, NO OF EDGES AND NO OF FACES ARE
1. 6, 6, 6 2. 4, 8, 12 3. 8, 12, 6 4.........
14. WHAT IS THE VALUE OF
M(373, 7) + R(6.8) -T(3.4) + R( 3.4)
M- MODULAS R- ROUNDOFF T- TRUNCATE
15. WHAT IS THE VALUE OF
#%#(5) + %%#(9)
WHERE % - square root #- Square
16. MATCH THE FOLLOWING (Don?t remember exactly but problem model is important) A B
1. SENTENCE, PARAGRAPH 1. TYPE OF
2. BASMATI, WHEAT 2. A PART OF
3. BROTHER, SISTER 3. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BREIGAL, DOG 4. SIBLING
17. G (0) =1 G (1)= -1 IF G (N)=G (N-1) + G(N-2) THEN WHAT IS THE VALUE OF G (6)?
18. A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
Then find the decimal equivalent of ( A U B ) ∩ C.
19. THREE Schemes in a bank independently gives savings 10%, 20%, 25%. WHAT WILL BE THE NET SAVING if they are applied together?
20. WHICH ONE WILL BE THE EXACT POWER OF 3
(i) 2768 (ii) 2678 (III) 2187 (IV) ?
21 A power unit is there by the bank of the river 750 mts. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river at 1500mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter ansd cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 12/- per meter. Then where they will cut
22. ODD MAN OUT
1.JAVA 2.SMALLTALK 3.LISP 4.EIFFEL 5. C++
23. WHICH IS THE equation for given line among the 5
1. 2x +3y=4 2. x + y= -1 3. Y=2x+ 3
24. In which of the system 384 is equal to 1234?
1. base 5 2. base 6 3. base 7 4. base 8 5. base 9
25. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
26. which of the following equations of line are orthogonal.
27. Calculate last address of array element column major A[2,3], array size A[7,9], each element occupies 8 bytes. Start address is 3000.
28. (force * velocity)/ (mass * acceleration) =
1. Velocity 2.time 3. Acceleration 4.momentum
29. In the word ?unimpressive? if we change 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, so on then will be 10th letter from right?
Rest one I don?t remember.
Then three Questions on VENN DIAGRAM below
31. HOW MANY PERSON play cricket
32. HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE play ALL THE 3 games
33. HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE THOSE WHO play cricket AND football but not basketball
Then three Questions on bar chart and pie chart (refer GRE BARRON).
3. Critical Reasoning: (30 min 12 Qs)
1. A six floor building is given .there are 7 or 8 people .each floor contain two apartments. In each apart there can be at most 2 persons. Some Conditions are given as A is two floors above C and his room mate. Etc. We have to determine the person what floors they are staying (REFERENCE 12 TH BARRON)
2. A and B are working at some place and are also the foreign agents of country C or D. It takes 4 days for docs to reach C and 5 to reach D. A stole a document on 19th and 22nd Oct. B stole a document on 21st Oct. They both mat for lunch on 20th Oct. An agent of One country could not directly sent doc to another country on this based three questions were asked like if A worked for C then in how many days D will receive a document.
3. I don?t remember.
Then we were given a blue form to fill which we were required to fill and bring next at the time of Interview which was scheduled at 9:15 A.M.
28th Aug 2004
Technical round: Members of my panel were really cool. After greeting they asked me to describe myself (educations especially).All the projects were discussed in detailed. Algorithms used in projects. In V.B. do the function Validate gets executed first or lost focus. Which java server did you used?
They also asked about my hobbies? The games I like to play? Why do you want to join TCS? Why TCS has been in news nearly for last one month? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? What do you like at TCS? The environment do you like to work? What was your position in class? You had such good %age in your MCA then why so less in graduation? Do you know anything about TCS? What do you mean by CMM level 5?
Do you know we have a bond of 2 years and we can send you to any of our centers if you got selected? Do you have any problem in that? We also have a medical round if some one is not able to clear our offer would be canceled?
Do you have any questions? I asked that what are there future plans to achieve there mission ?To be under global top 10 till 2010?.
HR round: Here I was asked two physics Questions which I was not able to answer. Then they asked about my on year gap in studies. Algorithm used in my final semester project. My family business. What are the by-products of sugar? we have a bond of 2 years and we can send you to any of our centers if you got selected it is not that if we are having test conducted at Lucknow center so you will be offered to work here. Do you have any problem in that?
Best of luck to all of us