- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Admission) DAIICT : Doctoral Program For The Autumn Semester 2012-13
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2012-04-11 16:23
PG Admissions 2012
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Doctoral Program for the Autumn Semester 2012-13, commencing from July 2012.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The doctoral program leading towards the award of the degree of Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) provides the students an opportunity for a career in academia or in R&D establishments. DA-IICT aspires to take a leading role in the research areas related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The research interests of faculty members are widely spread in the areas of ICT, Humanities, Social Sciences, Design and Arts.
- Tuition Fee : Rs.15,000 per Semester
- Registration Fee : Rs.2,500 per Semester
- Caution Deposit : Rs.5,000 (Refundable at the end of the Program)
At the time of admission an amount of Rs.20,000 (Rs.15,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs.5,000 towards Caution Deposit) will have to be paid by the candidates.
Conventionally the duration of this program varies from 3 to 5 years. The program comprises of both course and research work; the amount of coursework one has to undergo depends on the candidates' past background and the research one is engaged in. The research work to be undertaken for PhD must include original contribution to the knowledge reserve culminating in a thesis to be submitted for the doctoral degree.
Candidates willing to pursue research in the ICT and related domain must possess the following qualification:
- M.Tech. / M.E. in Information and Communication Technology related areas such as ICT, Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology, Electronics and Communications, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines.
- B.Tech. / B.E. in Information and Communication Technology related areas such as ICT, Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology, Electronics and Communications, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering and allied disciplines.
- M.C.A. / M.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, and Electronics. MS/MSc degree from DA-IICT may also apply.
- Candidate interested in pursuing PhD in ICT and related areas must have at least 60% marks in the qualifying degree.
- Candidates with an MSc or MCA degree (or MS/MSc Degree of DA-IICT), unless they have a subsequent M Phil degree, will be considered equivalent to candidates with a B Tech / BE degree and will need to fulfill additional course and research requirements.
Candidates in the field of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Sciences and must have an M Phil degree in the desired area with at least 60% marks.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Candidates will be required to submit online (preferably) application form by clicking on the link given below. Admission fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1000/- for online and Rs.1100/- for offline. The candidates who submit an online admission form are required to send a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour â€śDA-IICTâ€ť and payable at Ahmedabad, to the address given below. Candidates downloading the form and sending it by post have to send a demand draft of Rs. 1100/- in favour of â€śDA-IICTâ€ť and payable at Ahmedabad and attach it with the application form.
Candidates must send the completed application form along with the demand draft to the address given below.
Candidates need to indicate their research interests in the online application form. Candidates may provide more than one interests. Candidates are advised to look at profile of several research groups available at this website, for identifying the group that has closest match with their own research interests.
The application form and the demand draft have to be sent to:
PG Admissions 2012
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology,
Near Indroda Circle, Gandhinagar â€“ 382 007, Gujarat
DA-IICT accepts on-line applications for the PhD program throughout the year. The entrance test and interview are conducted at least twice in the year. Applicants who wish to be considered for the 2012-13 autumn semester must adhere to the following dates:
Filling of online Application Forms: Commences on : 19 March 2012
Filling of online Application Forms: Closes on : 3 May 2012
Last Date for receiving completed Application Form : 7 May 2012
Entrance test for M.Sc. (IT) and M.Sc. (ICT-ARD) : 3 June 2012
Entrance test & Interviews for Ph.D : To be announced
Counselling/Interviews for M. Tech. (ICT) : To be announced
Entrance test & Interviews for M. Des. :To be announced
Interview for M.Sc. (ICT-ARD) : To be announced
Commencement of session :16 July 2012