- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Contest) Intel India Embedded Challenge 2012
Intel Higher Education Program, in collaboration with
Intelligent Systems Group of Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd., proudly presents
the Intel India Embedded Challenge (Intel IEC) 2012 - An Embedded design contest
for students, interested individuals & entrepreneurs from all over India. This
contest has been put forward to inspire the vast technically savvy community in
India to architect, design and develop novel embedded applications based on
Intel AtomÂ® processors in areas such as Consumer Electronics, Digital Security
Surveillance, Medical, Storage & others. Intel India Embedded Challenge 2011 was
The Proposed designs must be based on Intel Atom Processors for embedded computing. The Intel IEC 2012 has two main categories
1. Student Category: Students studying in technical institutions, management institutions, degree, diploma colleges across India can participate in this category. Students can participate as individuals or in a team not exceeding more than 3 members
2. Professional Category: Working professionals, faculty members, research associates, project associates, technology enthusiasts, independent or free lance consultants, technology solutions providers, entrepreneurs from across India can participate in this category as individuals or in a team not exceeding more than 3 members
Important Note for Participants
- Both the categories involve development of a prototype using Intel Atom Processor, short listed participants will be given a choice of Intel Atom Kit for prototyping their innovation.
- Mentoring support will be provided to short listed participants from student category only
- Students teaming up with faculties or with working professionals will be considered under Professionals category
- The contest is open to Residents of India above 18 years of age
- Participants consisting of 1-3 individuals can take part in the contest.
Embedded Intelligent Systems:
- Information Technology applications
- Consumer Solutions
- Industrial Electronics
- Automotive electronics
- Military & Aero space Engineering
Embedded Solutions for Social Cause:
- Technology Enabled Agricultural Applications
- e-governance, Citizen services, and Rural IT / Connectivity
- Bio Medical and Health Care
- Participants should be residents of India and should be over 18 years of age.
- Participation in the Contest will be construed as acceptance of the terms and conditions and other details in respect of the Contest that may be periodically uploaded and or updated on the website.
- Participants may participate individually or may form teams consisting of up to three (3) persons. However, Participants cannot participate in more than one team.
- Participants should ensure that they adhere to the timelines that are specified on the website.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of any updates that may be periodically uploaded by Intel.
- Participants may submit only one application in each category.
- Intel Innovation Grand Prize: Rs.5, 00,000/- (to be given as seed funding). Total Two Prizes, one prize each in embedded intelligent systems theme and embedded solutions for social cause theme.
- The award will be paid in two installments (Rs. 250000/- first installment and Rs. 250000/- second installment) based on milestones mutually agreed between award winners and Intel for further development of the prototype
- Embedded Innovation of the Year: Rs.200000/- Cash prize. Total two prizes one prize each in one prize each in embedded intelligent systems theme and embedded solutions for social cause theme
- The award will be paid in two installments (Rs. 100000/- first installment and Rs. 100000/- second installment) based on milestones mutually agreed between award winners and Intel for further development of the prototype
- Popular Choice Award: Rs.50000/- Cash prize, one prize from either Embedded Intelligent Systems theme and embedded solutions for social cause theme
- Women Innovator of the Year : Rs.50000/- Cash Prize for âAll Women Teamâ to promote Research & Innovation among women students ; one prize from either Intelligent Systems theme and embedded solutions for social cause theme
- Medals and Certificates from Intel for all finalists
- Direct entry for some of the winning applications to participate in the âNext Big Ideaâ - a Technology Entrepreneurship contest jointly conducted by Intel, Department of Science and Technology and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.