- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Interview) SAP BW Important Interview Questions Paper- Part - 2
SAP BW Important Interview Questions Paper- Part - 2
21. How do you transform Open Hub Data?
â€¢ Using BADI we can transform Open Hub Data according to the destination requirement.
22. What is ODS?
â€¢ Operational DataSource is used for detailed storage of data. We can overwrite data in the ODS. The data is stored in transparent tables.
23. What are BW Statistics and what is its use?
â€¢ They are group of Business Content InfoCubes which are used to measure performance for Query and Load Monitoring. It also shows the usage of aggregates, OLAP and Warehouse management.
24. What are the steps to extract data from R/3?
â€¢ Replicate DataSources
â€¢ Assign InfoSources
â€¢ Maintain Communication Structure and Transfer rules
â€¢ Create and InfoPackage
â€¢ Load Data
25. What are the delta options available when you load from flat file?
The 3 options for Delta Management with Flat Files:
o Full Upload
o New Status for Changed records (ODS Object only)
o Additive Delta (ODS Object & InfoCube)
Q) Under which menu path is the Test Workbench to be found, including in
The menu path is: Tools - ABAP Workbench - Test - Test Workbench.
Q) I want to delete a BEx query that is in Production system through request. Is anyone aware about it?
A) Have you tried the RSZDELETE transaction?
Q) Errors while monitoring process chains.
A) During data loading. Apart from them, in process chains you add so many process types, for example after loading data into Info Cube, you rollup data into aggregates, now this rolling up of data into aggregates is a process type which you keep after the process type for loading data into Cube. This rolling up into aggregates might fail.
Another one is after you load data into ODS, you activate ODS data (another process type) this might also fail.
Q) In Monitor----- Details (Header/Status/Details) Ã Under Processing (data packet): Everything OK Ã Context menu of Data Package 1 (1 Records): Everything OK ---- Simulate update. (Here we can debug update rules or transfer rules.)
SM50 Ã Program/Mode Ã Program Ã Debugging & debug this work process.
Q) PSA Cleansing.
A) You know how to edit PSA. I don't think you can delete single records. You have to delete entire PSA data for a request.
Q) Can we make a datasource to support delta.
A) If this is a custom (user-defined) datasource you can make the datasource delta enabled. While creating datasource from RSO2, after entering datasource name and pressing create, in the next screen there is one button at the top, which says generic delta. If you want more details about this there is a chapter in Extraction book, it's in last pages u find out.
Generic delta services: -
Supports delta extraction for generic extractors according to:
Numeric pointer, such as document number & counter
Only one of these attributes can be set as a delta attribute.
Delta extraction is supported for all generic extractors, such as tables/views, SAP Query and function modules
The delta queue (RSA7) allows you to monitor the current status of the delta attribute
Q) Workbooks, as a general rule, should be transported with the role.
Here are a couple of scenarios:
1. If both the workbook and its role have been previously transported, then the role does not need to be part of the transport.
2. If the role exists in both dev and the target system but the workbook has never been transported, and then you have a choice of transporting the role (recommended) or just the workbook. If only the workbook is transported, then an additional step will have to be taken after import: Locate the WorkbookID via Table RSRWBINDEXT (in Dev and verify the same exists in the target system) and proceed to manually add it to the role in the target system via Transaction Code PFCG -- ALWAYS use control c/control v copy/paste for manually adding!
3. If the role does not exist in the target system you should transport both the role and workbook. Keep in mind that a workbook is an object unto itself and has no dependencies on other objects. Thus, you do not receive an error message from the transport of 'just a workbook' -- even though it may not be visible, it will exist (verified via Table RSRWBINDEXT).
Overall, as a general rule, you should transport roles with workbooks.
Q) How much time does it take to extract 1 million (10 lackhs) of records into an infocube?
A. This depends, if you have complex coding in update rules it will take longer time, or else it will take less than 30 minutes.
Q) What are the five ASAP Methodologies?
A: Project plan, Business Blue print, Realization, Final preparation & Go-Live - support.
1. Project Preparation: In this phase, decision makers define clear project objectives and an efficient decision making process ( i.e. Discussions with the client, like what are his needs and requirements etc.). Project managers will be involved in this phase (I guess).
A Project Charter is issued and an implementation strategy is outlined in this phase.
2. Business Blueprint: It is a detailed documentation of your company's requirements. (i.e. what are the objects we need to develop are modified depending on the client's requirements).
3. Realization: In this only, the implementation of the project takes place (development of objects etc) and we are involved in the project from here only.
4. Final Preparation: Final preparation before going live i.e. testing, conducting pre-go-live, end user training etc.
End user training is given that is in the client site you train them how to work with the new environment, as they are new to the technology.
5. Go-Live & support: The project has gone live and it is into production. The Project team will be supporting the end users.
Q) What is landscape of R/3 & what is landscape of BW. Landscape of R/3 not sure.
Then Landscape of b/w: u have the development system, testing system, production system
Development system: All the implementation part is done in this sys. (I.e., Analysis of objects developing, modification etc) and from here the objects are transported to the testing system, but before transporting an initial test known as Unit testing (testing of objects) is done in the development sys.
Testing/Quality system: quality check is done in this system and integration testing is done.
Production system: All the extraction part takes place in this sys.
Q) How do you measure the size of infocube?
A: In no of records.
Q). Difference between infocube and ODS?
A: Infocube is structured as star schema (extended) where a fact table is surrounded by different dim table that are linked with DIM'ids. And the data wise, you will have aggregated data in the cubes. No overwrite functionality
ODS is a flat structure (flat table) with no star schema concept and which will have granular data (detailed level). Overwrite functionality.
Flat file datasources does not support 0recordmode in extraction.
x before, -after, n new, a add, d delete, r reverse
Q) Difference between display attributes and navigational attributes?
A: Display attribute is one, which is used only for display purpose in the report. Where as navigational attribute is used for drilling down in the report. We don't need to maintain Navigational attribute in the cube as a characteristic (that is the advantage) to drill down.
Q. SOME DATA IS UPLOADED TWICE INTO INFOCUBE. HOW TO CORRECT IT?
A: But how is it possible? If you load it manually twice, then you can delete it by requestID.
Q. CAN U ADD A NEW FIELD AT THE ODS LEVEL?
Sure you can. ODS is nothing but a table.
Q. CAN NUMBER OF DATASOURCES HAVE ONE INFOSOURCE?
A) Yes of course. For example, for loading text and hierarchies we use different data sources but the same InfoSource.
Q. BRIEF THE DATAFLOW IN BW.
A) Data flows from transactional system to analytical system (BW). DataSources on the transactional system needs to be replicated on BW side and attached to infosource and update rules respectively.
Q. CURRENCY CONVERSIONS CAN BE WRITTEN IN UPDATE RULES. WHY NOT IN TRANSFER RULES?
Q) WHAT IS PROCEDURE TO UPDATE DATA INTO DATA TARGETS?
FULL and DELTA.
Page - 2