- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Puzzles) Latest Infosys Puzzles (15)
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2008-10-01 14:22
Latest Infosys Puzzles
376 Matrix problem repeated from prev paper
Latest Infosys Puzzles
376 Matrix problem repeated from prev paper
there are 3 males A,B,C and 3 females X,Y,W. they played 18 games of
1. A scored 94
2. X scored 106
3. Y scored 102.
4. Z scored 100.
5. B and C scored 96 and 98 and don't no who's score what??
6. A's wife beats C's wife.
7. there are two couples whose sum of scores is same.
Determine who's wife is who and scores of B and C.
377. A girl had several dollars with her. she went out for shopping and spent half of them in shopping mall,being generous she had given 1 dollar to the beggar. After that she wqent for lunch and spent the half of the remaining and gave 2 dollars as tip to the waiter.Then she went to watch a movie and spent the half of remaining dollars and
gave autorikshaw-wala 3 dollars. This left her with only 1 dollar.How many dollars did she had with her at the beggining.
378. A person says that his son is 5 times as old as his daughter and his wife is 5 times older than his son and he is twice the age of his wife . The sum total of all the ages equals the age of the grand mother who celebrated her 81st birthday today.
How old was his son?
379. A bargain hunter bought some plates for $ 1.30 from asale on saturday,where price 2 was marked off at each article .On monday she went to return them at regular prices,and bought some cups and saucers from that much amount of money only.
the normal price of plate were equal to the price of 'one cup and one saucer'.In total she bought 16 items more than previous. saucers were only of 3 cents hence she brought 10 saucers more tahn the cups,How many cups and saucers she bought and at what price?
380. A jeweller prepared a window display each displaying 3 of the 7 jems at a time . They were methyst,opal,sapphire,emerald, ruby and garnet.Displayed according to the following conditions:-
1 A sholud always be displayed on the left window and D on the right.
2 Ruby should never come with any of D or G.
3.E should always be with S.
then some 4 questions were asked on this. easy
#1 which combination is appropriate?
#2 which condition is correct in the right window?
#3 Ruby can be displayed with following other two?
#4 S can be displayed with the following other two on left side window?
381. Racing competition.Participants were from 3 tribes
Sonorean-always says truth
Midorean-alternatively says T and F ,not with any particular start.
A says-1. C obstructed me at the last moment ,which caused me to losethe race.
2. C always speak true
3. c is the winner.
B says - 1. A is the winner.
2. c says false always.
C says- 1.B won the Race
2. I didn't caused any obstruction to A at the last time.
IDentify the tribes of each.
382. A boss tells 1/6 th of his life in child hood,1/12 of his in youth and 1/7 of his in bachelor,five years after his election
a son was born whom was died four years ago at half his final age. find the boss age.
. ANS.:74 ths solution a/6+a/12+a/7 +5......
383. Two thieves went to the museum to stole the diamonds first thief stole half of them and while going he took another two and left. Second, third and fourth did the same and there was zero diamonds at the end. How many diamonds initially at the beginning?
Similar to Q. No. 193 Stolen Mangoes from Shakuntala Devi - More Puzzles Ans: 79
384. A, B, C are the husbands and D, E, F are their wives not in that order. They are playing the Golf following these conditions. D, E, F and B scores are as follows 106,102,100 and 94.A and C scores are 98 and 96 not in that order as their names are not displayed. Two couples get the same score. B wife beat the A wife list out the wives names and the scores they got.
Hus Wife Score Total
A F 98 102 200 100 198
B D 94 106 200 106 200
C E 96 100 96 102 198
385.A women with dollar bills goto the shopping he spent half of the money she had for shopping as she was so kind she gave one dollar to the beggar.she went to the hotel and spent half of the remaning and she gave 2 dollars to the waiter,the she buy some goods with half of the remaining and she gave 3 dollars to the receptionist. how much money she had in the begining?
come in the reverse order 1+3=4and twice of it 8+2=10 and twice of it 20+1=21 and twice of it 42.
386.A conducter in the bus ask the man how old the boy is.the man replied that my son is five times older than my daughter and my wife is five times older than my son and i am twice older to my wife and our ages summed upto my granmother whose age is 81 years.can u tell me the son age?
ans: 5 years
x=1 therefore son age is 5 years old
387.find out who is oldest and who is youngest from the following statements...
a)either A or B r the oldest
b)either C is the oldest or B is the youngest.
ans: A is the oldest and B is the Youngest
388.one boy tells three ppl to guess mule color..
number one says its not blk
number two says its eiterh brown or grey
number 3 says its brown.
..the boy then says one is atleast lying ans atleast telling truth...finf mule color
389. 2 men take turns walking and riding one horse that they share...walking speed
4km/hr..riding speed 12km/hr..one rides for some time and ties horse for the other walking fellow and continues walking......they keep going on like this alternately ..find time that the horse rests
390. 7 ppl have holidays on 7 diff days...and they give conditions like A's hol is 3 days
before B etc etc...we have to find the days on which they take holiday
5.6 subjects 3 ppl teach 2 each...some crazy conditions and we gotta find the subject for
each..i cant really recall clearly so why confuse u guys
391. A Lady (say L) is a philanthropist. she goes to a restaurent,
orders food and pays half the amount she has and another doller to a
waiter as tip. she then goes to a mall, does some purchases and pays
half the amount left and another 2 dollers to a begger outside. At
last she goes to a book store, takes some books and pays half the
amount left and another 3 dollers to a begger outside. she then
checks that she only had a doller left to her. How much money she had
initially? ANs. 42 $
392. Three couples are playing golf together. The men are E, B & T while women are M G & H. they play 8 rounds.
M, G, H & E score 106, 102, 100, 94 respectively. while B & T scored either 96 or 98 as it was unresolved due
to error at scoreboard. When finally resolved they found that two of the couples scored same. It is given that-
E's wife scored greater than B's wife. Who's whose wife & how much the men scored each?
393. A lady buys some plates in 130$ with 2$ off every item. she then returns the plates for the same amount next day to exchange them for some cups & saucers. Each saucer costs only 3$ each and the no. of saucers is 10 more than cups. Altogether she takes 16 more items than before. If she had to buy only cups, how many of them she could have
been taken home on the first day?
394. Impressed by admiration of the boy by stranger, the father
said "My son is five times as old as my daughter and my wife is five
times as old as my son. I'm double the age of my wife and my
grandmother is as old as the sum of ages of all of us and she is
celebrating her 81st birthday." what is the age of the boy?
ANS. 5 yrs
395. A, B & C participate in a race & one of them wins. They belong to
three communities-M, N,
O. O always speak the truth, N always lie and M alternate. Each of A,
B & C belongs to one community.
1. I would have won the race if C had not interfered me at the last movement.
2. C always speaks truth.
3. C is the winner.
1. A wins the race.
2. C is not a 'N'.
1. I hadn't interfered with A at the last movement.
2. B wins the race.
Tell, who's who?
396. Harry is a friend of Axy and Amy. Two statements are given about
1. if one of Axy and Amy is oldest then another is youngest.
2. Either Harry is the oldest or Amy is the youngest.
Who is the oldest?
397.sons age is 5 times daughters.mother is five times son.father is 5 times wife.
Total of all age is Grandpas who is celebrating 81st B`day.
398) One woman buys plates worth 1.30$ at 2cent discount each plate.Then she exchanged the plates
for sausers & bowl where one bowl & one sausers costs equal to one plate.no of sausers which costs 3 cent
is10 more than bowl. no of saucers & bowl is 16 more than no of plates.
399. "One-sixth of my life", said my boss, "I spent as a child, next one-twelfth as an old boy, one-seventh & 5
more years in politics & socialization. This brought me upto when Jimmy born. Jimmy was elected for the
governer four years ago, when he was half my present age."
How old is my boss?
ANS.: 84 yrs.
(However, I overlooked that 'one-seventh' part, & got
the answer 36 - a wrong answer.)
= (B/2) + 4
(B/6) + (B/12) + (B/7) + 5 + J = B
=> B = 84
Page - 15