- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Puzzles) Latest Infosys Puzzles (13)
Latest Infosys Puzzles
326. If a die has 1,6 and 3,4 and 2,5 opposite each other how many such dies can be made.
327. There are three boxes , In one box Two white balls , In two box 2 black balls In three box 1 white &1 black
The lables on the boxes are not correct.Then you have to open one box and to find the colour of the balls in all boxes.
Solution: Open the box labled black& white If white balls are there then the box labled with white balls
contain black balls and labled with black balls contain one black and one white ball and viceversa
if two black ballsare there.
328). there are containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in colour.
Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue . One sales man sold one
box out of them and then he says " I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue ".
Which box is the one he solds out ?
Ans : total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2 = 60/2 = 30
and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
329). A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lenths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a backsmith to join into a single continuous one . How many links are to to be opened to make it ? Ans : 2.
330) when the actual time pass 1hr wall clock is 10 min behind it when 1 hr is shown by wall clock, table clock shows 10 min ahead of it when table clock shows 1 hr the alarm clock goes 5min behind it, when alarm clock goes 1 hr wrist watch is 5 min ahead of it assuming that all clocks are correct with actual time at 12 noon what will be time shown by wrist watch after 6 hr
(n X 60 )50/60 X 70/60 X 55/60 X 65/60
331. complete the following
a. $ * * $ @ * ? ?
# @ @ # # $ ? ? some what simillar like this...but not clear.
b. 1 , 3 , 7 , 13 , 21 , __ , 43 Ans : 31
c. 1, 3, 9, __ , 16900
332. A girl took part in a (some) game with many others in a circular closed circuit. After pedaling for several minutes, he found that 1/3th of the cyclists ahead of her and 3/4th of the cyclists behind him together formed the total no. of participants. How many were participating in the race?
333. OF all pets i have, except 2 all are rabbits
OF all pets i have, except 2 all are fish
OF all pets i have, except 2 all are cats
How many rabbits, fish and cats are there?
carpenter + painter = 1100
painter + electrician = 3200
electrician + plumber = 5100
plumber + mason = 2200
mason + labour = 3000
labour + painter = 1100
find every person's cash? (i dont know the exact amount mentioned above.)
335. out of 30 questions, the three persons A,B & C answered 45 correct answers,
B answered 55% of A, B and C together answered 25 % more of what A answered.
Find how many answers each answered?
336. Jim,Bud and sam were rounded up by the police yesterday. because one
of them was suspected of having robbed the local bank. The three suspects made
the following statements under intensive questioning.
Jim: I'm innocent
Bud: I'm innocent
Sam: Bud is the guilty one.
If only one of the statements turned out to be true, who robbed the bank?
337) There are two containers on a table. A and B . A is half full of
wine, while B, which is twice A's size,
is onequarter full of wine . Both containers are filled with water
and the contents are poured into a
third container C. What portion of container C's mixture is wine ?
338) A wall clock loses 10 minutes every 1 hour. In 1 hour by the wall
clock , a table clock gets 10 minutes ahead of it. In 1 hour by the table clock an alarm clock falls 5
minutes behind it. In 1 hour of the alarm clock, a wristwatch gets 5 minutes ahead it. At noon, all 4
timepieces were set correctly. To the nearest minutes, what time will the wrist show when the correct time is 6
p.m. on the same day ?
339) "You see," said Mrs.Murphy,"Paddy is now one and one-third times as
old as he was when he took to drink, and little Jimmy, who was forty months old when paddy took to
drink is now two years more than half as old as I was when Paddy took to drink , so when little Jimmy is as old as Paddy was when he took to drink.our three ages combined will amount to just one hundred years" How old is little Jimmy?
340)Both the Allens and the Smiths have two young sons under eleven. The name of the boys whose ages rounded off to the nearest year are all different are Arthur, Bert, Carl and David . Taking the ages of the boys only to the nearest year ,
the following staements are true
* Arthur is three years younger than his brother
* Bert is the oldest
* Carl is half as old as one of the allen boys
* David is five years older than the younger smith boy
* the total ages of the boys in each family differ by the same amount
today as they did five years ago
How old is each boy and what is each boys family name.
341) In a certain organization there are either men eligible to serve on a eligible to serve on a newly established commitee of four. The selection of the members is not an easy matter , however for there are jealousies and attachements among the candidates which prevents a free choice of four committeemen, if you were the president of the organization could you select a committee of four satisfying all these whims?
* Ames will serve with anybody
* Brown won't serve unless Clayton serves
* Clayton wont serve with Evans
* Davis wont serve without hughes
* evans will serve with anybody
* French wont serve with Davis unless Grant serves too, and wont
serve with Clayton unless Davis also
* Grant wont serve with both Brown and Clayton and wont serve with
either Ames or Evens
* Hughes wont serve unless either Brown or French serves and wont
serve with Clayton unless Grant serves too and wont serve with both
Ames and Evans
342) An artist has exactly seven paintings --- ,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z -- from which she must choose exactly five
to be in an exhibit. Any combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
* If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen
* If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen
* If V is chosen , X must also be chosen
1) Which one of hte following is an aceptable combination of
paintings for inclusion in the exhibit?
2) If painting T is chosen to be among the paintings included int he
exhibit which one of the following cannot be chosen to be among the
paintings included in the exhibit?
3)Which one of the following substitutions can the artist always make
without violating restrictions affecting the combination of paintings
given that the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting
mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned second was,
originally going to be chosen ?
A. T replaces V
B. U replaces Y
C. V replaces X
D. W replaces Y
E. Z replaces W
4) If the artist chooses painting V to be included among the
paintings in the exhibit, which one of the following must be true of
that combination of paintings?
A. T is not chosen
B. Y is not chosen
C. U is chosen
D. W is chosen
E. Z is chosen
343) Yesterday my mother asked me to buy some stamps. Stamps are available in 2 paise,7paise,10paise,15paise and 20paise denominations. For three types of stamps I was asked to buy five of each. For the other two types of stamps. I was asked to buy six of each. Unfortunately I forgot which I was supposed to buy five of and which to buy six of
Luckly my mother had given me the exact money required to buy the stamps , Rs. 3.00 and the shopkeeper was able to give me the correct stamps. Which stamps did I buy?
344)Farmer Jones sold a pair of cows for Rs. 210 , On one he made a profit of ten percent and on the other he lost ten percent. Altogether he made a profit of five percent. How many did each cow originally cost him?
345.Meera was playing with her brother using 55 blocks.She gets bored playing and starts arranging the blocks
such that the no. of blocks in each row is one less than that in the lower row. Find how many were there
in the bottom most row?
346.Rahul took part in a cycling game with many others in a circular closed circuit. After pedaling for
several minutes, he found that 1/5th of the cyclists ahead of him and 5/6th of the cyclists behind him
together formed the total no. of participants. How many were participating in the race?
347.Tom wants to catch a hare. He is standing 250 yards south from the hare. The hare starts moving due east.
Tom, instead of moving in the northeast direction,moves in such a way that at every instant,
he is goingtowards the hare. If speed of tom is one and one-third times that of the hare, find the distance each
traveled before he caught the hare.
348.Two people are playing with a pair of dies. Instead of numbers, the dies have different colors on their
sides. The first person wins if the same color appears on both the dies and the second person wins if the
colors are different. The odds of their winning are equal. If the first dice has 5 red sides and 1 blue
side, find the color(s) on the second one.
349.A company's director said during the board meeting: " The company's income from roads will be
sufficient to pay 6% of the entire stock issue, but since we are paying 7.5% interest on the preferred
stock of Rs.4, 000,000 we are able to pay only 5% of the common stock". Find the value of the common stock.
350. Mr. ANYMAN left ANYTOWN by car to attend a wedding at ANYCITY. He had been driving for exactly two hours
when the car got punctured. It took his driver exactly ten minutes to change the wheel. In order to play safe
they covered the remaining distance at a speed of 30 mph. consequently, Mr. ANYMAN was at wedding half an-
hour behind schedule. Had the car got the puncture only 30 miles later , I would have been only FIFTEEN
minutes late he told the driver . How Far is ANYCITY from ANYTOWN.
Ans: 120 miles
Page - 13