- Placement Papers
- Fresher Jobs
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Paper) TCS aptitude Question Paper : 2011
TCS Aptitude Question Paper : 2011
1. There are seventy clerks working in a company, of which 30 are females. Also, 30 clerks are married; 24 clerks are above 25 years of age; 19 married clerks are above 25 years, of which 7 are males; 12 males are above 25 years of age; and 15 males are married. How many bachelor girls are there and how many of these are above 25?
2. A man sailed off from the North Pole. After covering 2,000 miles in one direction he turned West, sailed 2,000 miles, turned North and sailed ahead another 2,000 miles till he met his friend. How far was he from the North Pole and in what direction?
3. Here is a series of comments on the ages of three persons J, R, S by themselves.
S : The difference between Râs age and mine is three years.
J : R is the youngest.
R : Either I am 24 years old or J 25 or S 26.
J : All are above 24 years of age.
S : I am the eldest if and only if R is not the youngest.
R : S is elder to me.
J : I am the eldest
R : S is not 27 years old.
S : The sum of my age and Jâs is two more than twice Râs age.
One of the three had been telling a lie throughout whereas others had spoken the truth. Determine the ages of S,J,R.
4. In a group of five people, what is the probability of finding two persons with the same month of birth?
5. A father and his son go out for a âwalk-and-runâ every morning around a track formed by an equilateral triangle. The fatherâs walking speed is 2 mph and his running speed is 5 mph. The sonâs walking and running speeds are twice that of his father. Both start together from one apex of the triangle, the son going clockwise and the father anti-clockwise. Initially the father runs and the son walks for a certain period of time. Thereafter, as soon as the father starts walking, the son starts running. Both complete the course in 45 minutes. For how long does the father run? Where do the two cross each other?
6. The Director of Medical Services was on his annual visit to the ENT Hospital. While going through the out patientsâ records he came across the following data for a particular day : â Ear consultations 45; Nose 50; Throat 70; Ear and Nose 30; Nose and Throat 20; Ear and Throat 30; Ear, Nose and Throat 10; Total patients 100.â Then he came to the conclusion that the records were bogus. Was he right?
7. Amongst Ram, Sham and Gobind are a doctor, a lawyer and a police officer. They are married to Radha, Gita and Sita (not in order). Each of the wives have a profession. Gobindâs wife is an artist. Ram is not married to Gita. The lawyerâs wife is a teacher. Radha is married to the police officer. Sita is an expert cook. Whoâs who?
8. What should come next?
1, 2, 4, 10, 16, 40, 64,
Questions 9-12 are based on the following : Three adults â Roberto, Sarah and Vicky â will be traveling in a van with five children â Freddy, Hillary, Jonathan, Lupe, and Marta. The van has a driverâs seat and one passenger seat in the front, and two benches behind the front seats, one beach behind the other. Each bench has room for exactly three people. Everyone must sit in a seat or on a bench, and seating is subject to the following restrictions: An adult must sit on each bench. Either Roberto or Sarah must sit in the driverâs seat. Jonathan must sit immediately beside Marta.
9. Of the following, who can sit in the front passenger seat ?
(a) Jonathan (b) Lupe (c) Roberto (d) Sarah (e) Vicky
10. Which of the following groups of three can sit together on a bench?
(a) Freddy, Jonathan and Marta (b) Freddy, Jonathan and Vicky
(c) Freddy, Sarah and Vicky (d) Hillary, Lupe and Sarah
(e) Lupe, Marta and Roberto
11. If Freddy sits immediately beside Vicky, which of the following cannot be true ?
a. Jonathan sits immediately beside Sarah
b. Lupe sits immediately beside Vicky
c. Hillary sits in the front passenger seat
d. Freddy sits on the same bench as Hillary
e. Hillary sits on the same bench as Roberto
12. If Sarah sits on a bench that is behind where Jonathan is sitting, which of the following must be true ?
a. Hillary sits in a seat or on a bench that is in front of where Marta is sitting
b. Lupe sits in a seat or on a bench that is in front of where Freddy is sitting
c. Freddy sits on the same bench as Hillary
d. Lupe sits on the same bench as Sarah
e. Marta sits on the same bench as Vicky
13. Make six squares of the same size using twelve match-sticks. (Hint : You will need an adhesive to arrange the required figure)
14. A farmer has two rectangular fields. The larger field has twice the length and 4 times the width of the smaller field. If the smaller field has area K, then the are of the larger field is greater than the area of the smaller field by what amount?
(a) 6K (b) 8K (c) 12K (d) 7K
15. Nine equal circles are enclosed in a square whose area is 36sq units. Find the area of each circle.
16. There are 9 cards. Arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. Cards are of 4 colors. They are red, yellow, blue, green. Conditions for arrangement: one red card must be in first row or second row. 2 green cards should be in 3rd column. Yellow cards must be in the 3 corners only. Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row. At least one green card in each row.
17. Is z less than w? z and w are real numbers.
(I) z2 = 25
(II) w = 9
To answer the question,
a) Either I or II is sufficient
b) Both I and II are sufficient but neither of them is alone sufficient
c) I & II are sufficient
d) Both are not sufficient
18. A speaks truth 70% of the time; B speaks truth 80% of the time. What is the probability that both are contradicting each other?
19. In a family 7 children donât eat spinach, 6 donât eat carrot, 5 donât eat beans, 4 donât eat spinach & carrots, 3 donât eat carrot & beans, 2 donât eat beans & spinach. One doesnât eat all 3. Find the no. of children.
20. Anna, Bena, Catherina and Diana are at their monthly business meeting. Their occupations are author, biologist, chemist and doctor, but not necessarily in that order. Diana just told the neighbour, who is a biologist that Catherine was on her way with doughnuts. Anna is sitting across from the doctor and next to the chemist. The doctor was thinking that Bena was a good name for parentâs to choose, but didnât say anything. What is each personâs occupation?