- Placement Papers
- Interview Zone
- Resume Corner
- Contact Us
(Paper) Kanbay Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
Paper: Kanbay Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
1. The ratio of the salaries of two employees last year was
5:6. This year the salary of the first one was increased by Rs 500 and that of
the other was increased by 25% their revised salaries are also in the same
ratio. This year their salaries
(a) Rs 2000 and Rs 2400 (b) Rs 2500 and As 3000 (c) Rs 3000 and Rs 3600
(d) As 1500 and Rs 1800 (e) none of tt'.e above
2. The ann~al salary of a manager is Rs 72,000. He receives a bonus nf 15% of his monthly salary every June and December. His average monthly salary for the year is.
(a) Rs 7800 (b) As ,6150 (c) Rs 6900 (d) Rs.7200 (e) Rs. 6250
3. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 24 and 30 minules respectively. Both are turnea on together. But at the end of 8 minutes, the first is turned off. The time taken to fill the tank B is
(a) 10 min. (b) 8 min. (c) 12 min. (d) 16 min. (e) None
4. If there are 12 persons in a party, and if each of them shakes hands with each other, how many hand shakes happen in the party?
(a) 860 (b) 186 (c) 143 (d) 66 (e) 88
5. The average age of "a committee of ten members is the same as it was two years ago, after a younger one was substituted for one of them. How much younger was the new member to the old one whom he replaced?
(a) by 20 years (b) by 21 years (c) by 18 years
(d) by 22 years (0) cannot be time determined.
6. A marl rows upstream 13 km and downstream 28 km Laking 5 hours each time. What is the speed of the current?
(a) 1.2 km p.h (b) 3 km p.h (c) 1 km p.h (d) 5 ~m p.h (e) 1.5 km p.h
7. if the ratio's of the speeds are 3 : 2 : 1, then the ratios of the traveling timE!S over these distances are
(a) 1: 1: 1 (b) 2: 3:6 (c) 9: 3: 1 (d) 3: 1: 3 (,~) none
8. If the length of the diagonal of a square and that of the side of another sqlJare are boll! 10cm, the ratios of the area of the first square to that Of :he second is
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 1 : 3 (c) 1 : 4 (~) 2 : 3 (e) cannot say
9. At an examination, in which full marks were 500, A got 10% less than B, B 25% more than C, and C 20% less than D. If A got 360 marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
(a) 90% (b) 75% (c) 80% (d) 50% (e) 45%
10. The 20th term from the end of the sequence 3,7,11, 407 is:
(a) 251 (b) 241 (c) 332 (d) 221 (e) 331
11. A man had As. 2000, part of which he lent at 5p.c. and the rest at 4p.c. The whole annual interest received was Rs. 92. How much did he lend at 5p.c?
(a) Rs. 120 (b) Rs. 800 (c) Rs. 1000 (d\ 9s. 850 (e) Rs. 1200
12. Find t~e corldition that ore root of p; + qx + r = 0 may b(' double of the other.
(a) 2p =9qr (b) 2q = pr (c) 2q2 = 9pr (d) 2'-?' = 9pq (e) none
13. How long will a man take to go, walking at 4 km per hour, twice round a circular garden of 70 m radius?
(a) 13 min. 12 sec (b) 15 min. 12 sec (c) 10 min. 10 sec
P (d) 18 min. 15 sec I (e) none frorn above -..
14. From a top of a cliff the angle of depression of a point
on tile shore 75 meter from the base of tile cliff is observed to be 302. Find
the height of the cliff.
(a) 25"3 m (b) 75/"3 m (c) 25/-13 m (oj :,0 m (e) -75"3 m
15. The inventor of a chess board suggested a reward of onE'
rupee for the first square, 2 rupees for the second, 4 rupees for the third and
so on, doubling the number of rJpees fol subsequent squares. How many rupees
have to be given to the inventor?
(a) 232.64 (b) 264 -1 (c) 642 -1 (d) cannot say (e) none of these ~31
16. The diameter of a coin is 1 cm. If four of these coins be
placed on a table so that the rim of each touches that of the other two, find
the area of the unoccupied space between them (n = 3.1416).
(a) 0.2146 sq.cm (b) 0.7854 sq.cm (c) 0.1471 sq.cm
(d) 0.2106 sq.cm (e) none of these
17. The odds against a husband who is 45 years old, living
till he is 70 are 7:5 and the odds against his '",ife who is now 36, living
till she is 61 are 5:3. Find the probability that the couple will live for 25
(a) 11/32 (b) 7/.32 (c) 15'32 (d) 17/.32 (e) 5'32
18. A shopkeeper buys a tin for As. 50 and sells it for As.
46. Find his loss or gain porcent.
(a) 4% loss (b) 8% loss (c) 4% gain (d) 8% gain (e) none .'
19. If the sum of n terms of an A.P is (pn + qn)2, where p
and ~ are constant then the common difference is:
(a) 2q (b) P + q (c) 2p (d) P -q (e) 2p-q
20. Area between the curve y = 4 + 3x =x^2 and x- axis in
Square units is:
(a) 125/3 (b) 125/4 (c) 125/6 (d)j none of these e) can't be determined
21. If the equation x^2 -5xy + py2 + x + 2y -2 = 0 represents
a ;Jair of straight lines then p is:
(a)-8 (b) 6 (c)-4 (d) 2 (e) 4
22. The valuo of sin 102 + sin 202 + sin 302 +... + sin 3602
(a) 1 (b) 0 (c) -1 (d) 2 (e) none of these
23. In a class, there are 27 boys who are over 160 cm tall.
If these constitute three fourths of the boys and the total number
of boys is two-thirds of the total number of students in the ~Iass, what is the number of girls in the class?
(a) 8 (b) 9 (c) 36 (d) 27 (e) 18
24. If the sum of n terms of two series of A.P are in the
ratio 5n+4:9n+6 .find the ratio of their 13th terms
(a) 129/231 (b) Y2 (c) 23/15 (d) 120/231 (e) None of the above
25. A dishonest dealer says that he solis his goods at the
cost price but still gains 25% on his outlay. VJhat \veight does he
substitute for half kilogram?
(a) 375 gm (b) 400 gm (c) 425 gm (d) 350 gm (e) none
26. In a group of 70 people,37 Iike coffee, 52 like tea and
each person likes at least one of the two drinks. How many people like both
coffee ail.'! tea?
(fI) 55 (b) 29 (c) 51 (d) 19 (e) 15
27. A G.P. c')nsists of an E'/en number of terms. If the sum
of all the terms is 5 times the sum of the terms occupying the odd places, find
the common ratio of the G.P.
(a) 3 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d)4 (e) 6
28. 15 years hence a man viiI! be just 4 times as old as he
,,,,.as 15 years ago. Find his present age.
(a) 25 years '(b) 22 years (c) 21 years (d) 20 years (e) 18 years
29. If a^x = b, b^Y =c, c^z = a, the value of xyz is equal
(a) 0 (b) 1 (c) -1 (d) 2 (e) 114
30. For non- coplqnar vectors a, b alld c, the relation I(a X b).CI = lallbllcl holds if and only: (a) a.b =b.c=c.a = 0 (b) a.b = 0 =b.c (c)a.b = 0 = c.a (d) b.c = 0 = c.a (e) cannot be determined